Firefox 63 fixed memory issues

Galvin

2[H]4U
Was wondering if anyone else noticed this. I've been running FF 63 for over 24 hours now. And its not sluggish at all and memory usage is staying under 5gigs. Not sure when it does it. But after a certain time or when memory gets too high. It resets it. The memory usage drops way back down. I get no sluggishness at all. Normally after 24 hours it so sluggish I have to restart it or risk having it crash.

Been using Firefox literally since pre-alpha v1.0 stage and basically every single version since up to Firefox ESR 52.9 (which is the last one I'll use) and I've never ever had issues with Firefox memory usage, on several hundred different machines (desktops/laptops/tablets). It amazes me how on some hardware/software configurations people have nothing but problems and memory issues, and for me and my experience, not once, ever.

Weird, but if apparently some changes have happened and less people have continuing issues that's a good thing overall.

Well after nearly 2 days I had to restart. Memory was going out of control and hit 7gigs. But its a huge improvement over 62

Been having this really weird issue with v63 where I was always getting prompts that Firefox did not close correctly.

*edit* Updated to v63.0.3 and it's still happening.

Last edited:
Back