Favorite Games for Android?

madFive

metal[H]ead
My Incredible should be coming in today - I can't wait! :D This will be my first smart phone, so I will be in over my head for a while trying to figure out what all I can do with this amount of power.

I'm looking forward a lot to playing games on the new phone, and I want to know what kind of games I can play that will really push the hardware and show off what it can do.

I've heard of Tux Rider, but what else is there in the way of cool 3D games for Android phones?

Pretty much all I play on my current phone is Tetris, and I’m totally hooked on it, so a good Tetris clone will be a must as well. I’m assuming it won’t be too hard to find all the pop-cap type games for Android, but if you want to link to your favorites, that’d be cool too.

Oh, and I figure a good tower-defense game will also be a lot of fun to play on a smart-phone – any tower-defense genre favorites?

Thanks!

The last I read all the Tetris clones were removed due to a Cease and Desist letter sent to Google forcing them to take them off.

I haven't received my Incredible yet either although I'm probably just looking at a bejeweled knockoff named "Jewels". Don't know of any really popular games, hopefully someone else will be able to suggest a few.

Oh, yeah, the version of Tetris I have on my old LG phone now is EA licensed - I probably won't have a problem paying for official versions of stuff like tetris, bejeweled, and I'm kindof hoping I can find something like plants-vs-zombies - if they exist and run ok on the touch-screen.

I can't really picture how Tetris would run on a touch-screen, but Bejeweled would probably be a blast.

But back on topic - what are some cool 3D games or original indie flash type games that are awesome on android?

Oh, yeah, the version of Tetris I have on my old LG phone now is EA licensed - I probably won't have a problem paying for official versions of stuff like tetris, bejeweled, and I'm kindof hoping I can find something like plants-vs-zombies - if they exist and run ok on the touch-screen.

I can't really picture how Tetris would run on a touch-screen, but Bejeweled would probably be a blast.

But back on topic - what are some cool 3D games or original indie flash type games that are awesome on android?

Some people are bitching about Gameloft's DRM crap with Android games but if you can look past all the bullshit remarks people are making about it, you will discover some truely unique and awesome (in some cases) full 3D games for Android. I personally have some of the same 3D games on my iPhone 3GS but i'm getting a EVO 4G on Friday so i'll be repurchasing some of them.

http://www.gameloft.com/download-games/android/

If you like FPS games then I would get NOVA. It's really impressive looking for a mobile game but is also pretty fun. It's your basic first person shooter, but you can also play multiplayer deathmatch style via wifi or bluetooth.

Radient
Sky Force ... I like Radient better though
Ultima III on my NES emulator.

Well, so far on my Incredible, my favorite game is Labyrinth. :) Never had a device before with the level inside so I'm kindof mesmerized by how that works...

I also have the SNES emulator and a ton of ROMs already, Radiant, Tux Rider, Chess, a Tetris clone (guess they missed pulling at least one), Jewels, and a several other less notable ones...

Now I just need a lot more free time to try them all out! Oh, and none of those awesome looking 3D ones on GameLoft are working yet for Incredible - won't even let me download them - hopefully they will get those working sometime soon - I really want to try out NOVA!

Back