F@H permanent cpu affinity settings?

ALL4AMD

I Go to Court for Fun.
everytime my smp or 2 gpu clients get a new wu i end up having to set the affinity on the client that just got the new wu. is there any way to set it and forget it?

ndpcommercial2.jpg

i use WinAFC on all mu boxes specifically to resolve this issue.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

hmmm im confused on how to set up the affinity text file as i am only running 1 smp client with four FahCore_a1.exe with affinity set to cores 0,1, and 2 and the two GPU clients FahCore_11.exe set to core 3.

i don't want to max out the 4th cores because i use this system in my sig daily.

Last edited:
you dont have to max the core out.. since you are only running 1 smp client.. change the assign=2 to assign=1 and use cpu0+cpu1 then leave fahcore_11.exe and fahcore_14.exe on quad0

if you arent running the vmware client to run the smp client.. go in your task manager and find the file name for the smp client you are running and change vmware-vmx.exe to that file name.. or better yet take a screen shot of your task manager showing all the Fah stuff so i can see what naming it is using.. then i could tell you how to set it up better..

if you are using whats his names(forgot who made the thread :p) fix for the ATI cards.. then it shouldnt use core2 and core3 to run the gpu clients.. basicly setting it to quad0 gives the gpu client free rain on what ever core it wants to use.. now if you want to specificly set which core they use.. you can change quad0 to those cores.. even though you use the system as a daily rig the smp client should effect its performance since its set at idle all your other applications get first dibs to the cpu cycles..

you dont have to max the core out.. since you are only running 1 smp client.. change the assign=2 to assign=1 and use cpu0+cpu1 then leave fahcore_11.exe and fahcore_14.exe on quad0

if you arent running the vmware client to run the smp client.. go in your task manager and find the file name for the smp client you are running and change vmware-vmx.exe to that file name.. or better yet take a screen shot of your task manager showing all the Fah stuff so i can see what naming it is using.. then i could tell you how to set it up better..

if you are using whats his names(forgot who made the thread :p) fix for the ATI cards.. then it shouldnt use core2 and core3 to run the gpu clients.. basicly setting it to quad0 gives the gpu client free rain on what ever core it wants to use.. now if you want to specificly set which core they use.. you can change quad0 to those cores.. even though you use the system as a daily rig the smp client should effect its performance since its set at idle all your other applications get first dibs to the cpu cycles..

file names in the last post

so would it be

*\FahCore_11.exe := QUAD3 [priority=normal]
*\FahCore_a1.exe := QUAD0 QUAD1 QUAD2 [priority=normal]

FahCore_11.exe is the gup clients and it gets a higher score assigning it to a specific core when the smp is running
FahCore_a1.exe is the smp

affinity.jpg

hmmm im confused on how to set up the affinity text file as i am only running 1 smp client with four FahCore_a1.exe with affinity set to cores 0,1, and 2 and the two GPU clients FahCore_11.exe set to core 3.
Try using the following (it should work if I understand the WinAFC syntax correctly):

*\fahcore_a1.exe := CPU0+CPU1+CPU2 [priority=Idle]
*\FahCore_11.exe := CPU3 [priority=normal]

Try using the following (it should work if I understand the WinAFC syntax correctly):

*\fahcore_a1.exe := CPU0+CPU1+CPU2 [priority=Idle]

ok ill try this

thats what i was looking 4

EDIT: that worked

Last edited:
ok ill try this

thats what i was looking 4

EDIT: that worked

you may need the fahcore_14.exe in there as well just incase the gpu client has to revert to the other version for certain WU..

you may need the fahcore_14.exe in there as well just incase the gpu client has to revert to the other version for certain WU..

i did have that but it said syntax error so i removed it and it is working.

i ended up using the following to try and force more ppd out of the smp client

*\fahcore_a1.exe := CPU0+CPU1+CPU2 [priority=high]

Back