Eyefinity with DP to VGA adapter

I'd go with a driver reinstall, use the 9.11's or the hotfix dirt2. drivers. I didn't have any issues with either one at 3x1680x1050

Ok update: Don't know how but got it fixed. Although i only get the resolution to : 3840 x 1024
My screens are 22" : 1920 x 1080
Any advice would be appreciated

If you're using the adapter from monoprice it is not active and won't work. I tried one for the heck of it and it would only work for dual monitors not triple. I finally got the active adapter from Dell and it works fine.

Edit: Sorry I didn't see the thread about the guy who got it working. Try this:

Turn off you pc, plug in both monitors using DVI. Once windows is loaded plug in the monitor using the DP adapter.

I had to do this to get my active adapter working flawlessly.

Well i got to work now. But my resolution is out. I am running 9.10. going to try 9.11 again as i could not get it work. Yes i have the one from monoprice. Damn i spend like R 800-00 already and now this. And here in the good old South Africa we cant get the other adapters

Thanks all for the advice .will try all of them. Thanks. I had to do system restore as i am getting BSOD...

Well i got a BSOD each time i activate my DP screen . Did a clean install and it happened again. (BSOD). The message is something to do with: atikmdag.sys

After clean OS install all is well. Eyefinity up and running. Only grape is the switching on and off of the DP monitor

Would this be able to support 19x12 resolution?

How difficult was it to get it to work? I see alot of gripes about getting it to activate and then turning it off.

My only issue was when I would go to reboot the machine after an update or driver install the DP monitor would not turn on. It would remain dark. Even after a couple of reboots it would not help. What I had to do is go and shutdown the computer and then turn it back on and the DP monitor would be detected just fine. Apparently there is a differance between choosing to reboot a computer and shutting down and restarting it manually.

well i bought two of the monoprice dp->vga adapters and it works fine but the monitor with the adapter does flicker sometimes. sometimes i can go a while w/o any flickering, and sometimes out of the blue it will kind of flicker a quite a few times in a row. both adapters do this so it doesn't seem to be a very good solution unfortunately.

still waiting on the dell powered adapter

ok so i have the monoprice VGA to DP adapter for my third monitor but it will not get a signal. ive tried restarting the computer with it unpluged and then plugging it in once windows has loaded and ive also tried juts unplugging and re plugging, and moving the adapter around

everytime, CCC can see the monitor but i get this error when i try to extend my desktop to the monitor:

the system has detected a link faliure and cannot set the requested resolution and refresh
rate on your displayport display. your display might not support the requested resolution or
there may be an issue wit hthe cable connecting the display to your computer

Are you using the USB power also? I read somewhere that you had to plug in the USB power connector to get it to work.

I'm also getting the link failure. It's being really weird. Sometime it would work, sometime it would extend but stay stuck at 640x480 resolution. Sometime unplugging it and replugging it while my computer is on would fix it. Updating to the new drivers released just yesterday didn't fix it either. I'm debating whether I if the converter is faulty or it's just VGA to DP isn't good. I might try exchanging it and trying another one to see if that works. It's pretty annoying for it to work only like 50% of the time

Last edited:
Back