Even warmer. GTX480 for $229 AR / +TAX Fry's

A 220 watt while gaming card with no warranty for $230 after a $50 rebate. I'd rather have a 6950, cut that power in half and get a warranty for a similar price.

BTW add tax, for me that's $308 at the register. More power to you, but I'd pass.

A 220 watt while gaming card with no warranty for $230 after a $50 rebate. I'd rather have a 6950, cut that power in half and get a warranty for a similar price.

BTW add tax, for me that's $308 at the register. More power to you, but I'd pass.

no need to turn a hot deal into a amd/nvidia fanboy thread

How is that being a fanboy? Its a pretty good point if you ask me. A 6950 would give you similar performance, use half the juice and cost less. Theyre going for $240 shipped right now on Newegg.

How is he doing that? Everything he is saying is true.

How is that being a fanboy? Its a pretty good point if you ask me. A 6950 would give you similar performance, use half the juice and cost less. Theyre going for $240 shipped right now on Newegg.

My point is start that debate in the video card section not the hot deals section.

PNY support sucks and there are faster cards that are similar in price just like XacTactX stated.

PNY support sucks and there are faster cards that are similar in price just like XacTactX stated.

yep. PNY support ends when the video card variant is no longer produced by them :mad:

perfectly fine for Quattro cards, which are produced on a 5+ year cycle.

Shitty for consumer cards, which PNY replaces much more rapidly than the actual release cycle. If nVidia chose eVGA for pro cards, I'd have those, instead of FirePro and FireGL cards. I hate PNY that much, after having to deal with their absolute scam of a "warranty."

I've only used my GTX 470... haven't tried any of the new radeons.

From the streams i've seen on JTV, they look like they work just fine. I do remember wayyyy back in the 3dfx vs nvidia days that I didn't like the way nvidia cards made games look.... it boiled down to the nvidia card wanting to use 16bit vs 32 bit color. And then nvidia bought 3dfx, the nvidia fan boys (for some reason) went jumping around at the news (this was the DFW LAN party of 2001 IIRC) and I just looked at the idiots thinking "Do they not know what a monopoly is?"

Thankfully, ATI entered the fray, but prices have been allllll jacked up ever since. Sure the hardware is better, but CPU's are going for the same prices that the "enthusiast" and "mid-level" procs went for in 2001.

So... if you want a topic change... ATI and NVIDIA? The same as government, where both seemingly play different cards but are actually on the same team? I mean, to be honest, it blows my mind that some people will spend 700 dollars on a video card... I should say it blows my mind that some people have that kind of cash to spend.

Gtx 480's are still top 3 single gpu cards on the market. I could careless about the extra few bucks in electricity I could save with a 6950. The fact that you could sli two 480s for about the same price as one gtx 580 is huge IMHO. I went from a 5870 to gtx 480 and couldnt be happier. I just prefer nvidia drivers.

480 is a monster. This is a very hot deal. People crapping this thread need a time out to read the rules. This isn't the video card forum.

Back