Enable MLAA on 10.11 and newer drivers for 58xx

SicKlown42012

2[H]4U
Download the driver and install like normal. At first, it will unpack the files, usually to the C:, and then start the actual install process. Exit out at that time. Now go to the folder where the package was unpacked, and navigate to *C*:\AMD\*Driver Name*\Packages\Drivers\Display. There will be two folders, the first one for 32bit and the second for 64bit. There will be one or two .infs in here. Open them both up(or just the one) with notepad and use the search function to find this line.

[ati2mtag_Evergreen_SoftwareDeviceSettings]

Now go down that section and find two or three specific lines. One will say "MLF_NA" and the other one/two(depends on driver revision) will have "SubsurfaceReplacments". Change the numbers from 1 to 0. Then save the file, but make sure notepad isn't making it a .txt file. Easiest way is to go "Save As" and change the "Save as Type" section to "All Files" and make sure the file still has the inf ending and overwrite the old one. Then all you have to do is go back to the main directory and install the driver as normal. You'll get a prompt about the driver not being signed, that's normal. If you didn't change anything else, there shouldn't be an issue. You might have to reboot for the MLAA option to show up in CCC.

Last edited:
This still doesnt work. In my .inf file I am missing that last parameter you have in yellow. Not sure if that is necassary or what.

Be careful, too. The only time I've had major issues with drivers is when I installed the hack for MLAA on last month's drivers. Then when I upgraded to the latest, I was having blue screens, "No supported graphics cards....", and CCC errors. Did a quick system restore to before I installed the hack, reinstalled the latest and everything was fine.

Back