dota 2 closed beta released

Why not just wait for yours to come then?

Nothing is guaranteed, just being among the first to sign up doesn't guarantee I get in the beta.

Valve isn't like other companies, wouldn't surprise me if they were NOT on a first come, first served basis.

Nothing is guaranteed, just being among the first to sign up doesn't guarantee I get in the beta.

Valve isn't like other companies, wouldn't surprise me if they were NOT on a first come, first served basis.

They arent on a first come basis. If you fall within their target players then youll get a key. However if i get one before you id be glad to make money off your impatience.

No invite here, just checked :(

If anybody has some invites to hand out, let me know, I'm interested.

I have over 1,500 games played on League of Legends.

pfff 1,500
i think i played like 5000 games of dota
p.s i got dota 2 invite pwned

If I don't get an invite, that's fine too, the game will come out soon, untill then I'm honestly fine playing League of Legends. I still have yet to beat Skyrim and Dark Souls.

matchmaking server is down right now, but there were definitely a lot more people online the last time I checked today. (like 2900), the most I had seen before that was like 1800 I think.

I'm 25-24 right now, looking forward to getting some people together to play as a team.

edit: looks like server is back up

Last edited:
Wow, only 2900? that's a pretty select few, doesn't LoL have about 500k people concurrently online across 2 servers?

I would beat your ass at it.

Well I don't play it because I find it lame compared to the alternatives, and generally full of little kids who are probably attracted to the ultra cartoony graphics. So yeah, I guess you could beat me at a game I never play. Congrats.

And how does that make it any less of a cheap copy of DoTA?

Well I don't play it because I find it lame compared to the alternatives, and generally full of little kids who are probably attracted to the ultra cartoony graphics. So yeah, I guess you could beat me at a game I never play. Congrats.

And how does that make it any less of a cheap copy of DoTA?

If you don't like it, that's wonderful, there's plenty of other games out there that would be more suited to your tastes.

If you don't like it, that's wonderful, there's plenty of other games out there that would be more suited to your tastes.

Indeed, that's why I'm posting in a DoTA 2 thread trying to talk about DoTA 2, not about a game based entirely around the concept DoTA originated that I have zero interest in playing.

Last edited:
to be honest
league is much more noob friendly and much easier than dota overall

It has a greater focus on team fights than on creeps, and dota and HoN are all about deny/map control, and HoN in particular is all about picking up the powerups.

All styles are quite different.

I loved DotA though, played it forever.

I was in Clan LONE

It has a greater focus on team fights than on creeps, and dota and HoN are all about deny/map control, and HoN in particular is all about picking up the powerups.

All styles are quite different.

I loved DotA though, played it forever.

I was in Clan LONE

:confused:

HoN has at least as great of a focus on team fights and team pushing, and you're overstating the importance of the runes. Yes, creeps are more important because HoN isn't dumbed-down and allows creep denies. Wait, aren't you the person who constantly talks about not playing games that have been dumbed-down and have features removed? Complaining about games pandering to the noobs by being made less complicated and easier in difficulty?

Last edited:
and as far as team fights goes, some of the greatest competitive dota teams strive on team fights and pushing instead of farming. NaVi for instance.

Back