Display for pro-photo/publishing work?

Pitbull

Limp Gawd
Need a good yet still fairly priced monitor for book designers that mostly print art photography books.
24-30"
The Mac cinema displays are horrid according to them, even fully calibrated.
what do you guys recommend,

Need a good yet still fairly priced monitor for book designers that mostly print art photography books.
24-30"
The Mac cinema displays are horrid according to them, even fully calibrated.
what do you guys recommend,

NEC, Quato, or Eizo.

Dell or "IPS Panels" are not OK.

I think he means that not all IPS monitors are created equal.

Probably what the OP should get is an IPS panel, possibly 10-bit, with a wide gamut CCFL (or maybe RBG LED) backlight, and an internal LUT. Then some high end calibrating hardware. Not just a colorimeter but instead a spectrophotometer so he can calibrate his printer as well. All of that don't come cheap though, probably $1500-2000 or so for the 24-27" range? (after factoring in $500-1000 for the spectrophotometer)

Probably what the OP can get away with is one of the better "consumer grade" monitors, such as the U2410 or U2711, etc. Basically they have IPS panels and wide gamut. Look for a model with an internal LUT. And don't skimp on calibration hardware.

One of my friends is a graphic designer that does book cover design and print ads for a living.
He uses a Dell 24" IPS monitor, it's a 1-2 year old screen so maybe the 2407 or 2408.
He is very pleased with it.

NEC PA271W or PA301W are some of the best IPS panels out there for pro photography and desktop publishing work.

One of my friends is a graphic designer that does book cover design and print ads for a living.
He uses a Dell 24" IPS monitor, it's a 1-2 year old screen so maybe the 2407 or 2408.
He is very pleased with it.

Both of those are actually S-PVA.

Back