Dell U2410

Sorry for guys who purchased the LCD y'day

Now its $480 with 20% coupon - ?D1GJGKRQK0NFP

Dell small business

Enjoy

Thanks for the coupon! Definitely ordering one once I get back home.

Btw when I was quickly going through the checkout process it required that I put in a company name. Im guessing I could just put in anything there right?

Btw when I was quickly going through the checkout process it required that I put in a company name. Im guessing I could just put in anything there right?

Yes, put anything in the company name and it'll ship fine.

20% so soon, didn't really see that coming but should have. Bitter. My order has shipped. I wonder if I can get anything out of Dell, that is a difference of $155.74 for two!

You should be able to get a credit for the difference as you bought very recently. Better call soon though.

20% so soon, didn't really see that coming but should have. Bitter. My order has shipped. I wonder if I can get anything out of Dell, that is a difference of $155.74 for two!

There's a really good chance you can get the difference if you call them up since theoretically, you could refuse the shipment (or initiate a refund) and then order 2 more with the coupon. If you do contact them, do it quickly since the 20% coupon expires on 9/13.

Input lag? Anyone measure it yet? That's the number one concern I'd want to know before buying.

Anyone anyone what about the grainy feeling from the screen?

The 2408wfp is currently ~460 without coupons or any special deal. This is the replacement. I don't see it going more than $150 over that even when brand new. $600 is not outrageous for this monitors abilities, when just released. They will sell all the stock they have, probably. Once supply / demand are in equilibrium, the price will drop.

That was a good guess, even if I do say so myself.

Lag...

6ms... GTG... most of the TN's are @ 2ms... Not a factor, I believe, even for the 'FPS' serious gamers...

Okay, finally got a quote for the monitor,

U2410 - $390 + (tax) shipped after 35% discount (dont ask how i got it ;) )

This is beautiful. The input lag numbers are considerably improved over the 2408WFP. Wow I wish I had waited before I bought my monitor. Oh well. I think I'll just save up my cash and get a U3010 for Christmas or something. :)

This is beautiful. The input lag numbers are considerably improved over the 2408WFP. Wow I wish I had waited before I bought my monitor. Oh well. I think I'll just save up my cash and get a U3010 for Christmas or something. :)

How long for ur 2408wfp, more than one month?

“IPS has no text issues. I have owned various types of screens and my NEC 2490 has among the best text I have seen. Clean sharp, easy on the eyes… We will need to wait for more reports to find out how text is on the US410…”

Thank you Snowdog for your answer. I hope that Dell U2410 have a decent SRGB mode as it concerns text. If you spend 10 hours a day writing and reading texts in a monitor this is a very important criterion. We certainly need more reviews for picking up a wide gamut display solely based in the info that it has a working sRGB mode.

Maybe the problem is not PVA versus IPS technology, but wide gamut versus non wide gamut panels. It is sad that the industry is unwilling to provide hi-end PVA or IPS panels (24-27 inches) with 16/10 in decent prices–with the exception, I hope - if it proves hi-end- of dell U2410 –but in Greece the dell costs 684,25 Euro! The decision to provide e-IPS and cPVA panels, which seems to be cheaper that the IPS or SPVA, in models –mainly- with 16/9 resolution, is, I think, a half hearted effort to gain more money with smaller panels, to meet TN competition and at the same time to make the consumer accustom with 16/9 analogy. It is also sad that the worldwide depression, characterized by deflation and wage-cuts –are not produce the same effect, that is deflation, in hi-end panel prices. Big firms prefer to gain from job-cuts and reducing working costs than from full-hearted price cuts which stimulates demand. But price cuts are also useless if people lack decent jobs… But, maybe, all this is irrelevant to this thread.

rosh...

Okay, finally got a quote for the monitor,U2410 - $390 + (tax) shipped after 35% discount (dont ask how i got it )

I'M ASKING.... 'pm' me... I'll put you in my will... ! !:)

Hrmm refurbished 2408wfp a01 is only $275 -8% cashback FS...... but is horrible for my usage (hooking up xbox 360 via component and PC)
But $52x is a bit too much... (9.75% tax here + recycle fee) 35% off U2410 I'll pull trigger for sure

Last edited:
I finally bit the bullet guys, ordered the U2410 today :D. At this price, it makes it cheaper than the HP2475 that I was already considering. I'm so psyched, I'm already gonna start cleanin my desk lol. Gonna have my pc and 360 hooked up, so will try and get some pics and feedback on this once it's up and running.

Sorry for guys who purchased the LCD y'day

Now its $480 with 20% coupon - ?D1GJGKRQK0NFP

Dell small business

Enjoy
I really hope this deal is around when I decide to buy one later this year, early next. It's Dell so I probably shouldn't be too worried, I just hate having to wait for a good deal to come around. Nice find.

“IPS has no text issues. I have owned various types of screens and my NEC 2490 has among the best text I have seen. Clean sharp, easy on the eyes… We will need to wait for more reports to find out how text is on the US410…”

Thank you Snowdog for your answer. I hope that Dell U2410 have a decent SRGB mode as it concerns text. If you spend 10 hours a day writing and reading texts in a monitor this is a very important criterion. We certainly need more reviews for picking up a wide gamut display solely based in the info that it has a working sRGB mode.

While the NEC 2490 text quality is fine, the high-pitched buzzing noise when displaying high-contrast, full-screen text can be very annoying. Hopefully this Dell does not suffer from that problem.

Yes, put anything in the company name and it'll ship fine.

Thanks. Just ordered one today at $520 w/ tax. The page says it will ship at 9/16. Will post my thoughts on it once I get it. Have been using a old TN panel for a while and I hope the improvement will be significant.

I really hope this deal is around when I decide to buy one later this year, early next. It's Dell so I probably shouldn't be too worried, I just hate having to wait for a good deal to come around. Nice find.

20% is iffy (few times a year at most) but I can outright guarantee that you'll be able to get it for 15% off at least one week per month.

My U2410f arrived.... Rev. A00... made in China

comes with DP, DVI, VGA and USB cables.... a very unique way of displaying the serial/rev No. (a retractable plastic tab behind the card reader)....

Will be my first time testing/running with Display port cable/display...

Quite heavy (without the stand)... similiar/equal to the previous ultra 24"

Last edited:
My U2410f arrived.... Rev. A00... made in China

comes with DP, DVI, VGA and USB cables.... a very unique way of displaying the serial/rev No. (a retractable plastic tab behind the card reader)....

Will be my first time testing/running with Display port cable/display...

Quite heavy (without the stand)... similiar/equal to the previous ultra 24"

Do you live in the USA? Any idea as to what the lowercase "f" brings to the model?

2209wa's are also branded with the f on the actual unit (2209waf). No one knows why!

Do you live in the USA? Any idea as to what the lowercase "f" brings to the model?
I'm not in the USA...lowercase "f" probably means nothing... previous models such as 2405, 2407 also have lowercase added to the model no.

I guess this is a dead deal.

Edit: Coupon still works. False Alarm.

Last edited:
Does anyone use this monitor for photography? If so, how accurate are the colors, ease of calibration, etc.? Thanks.

Does anyone know the Dell small business return policy for their monitors, in case I don't like the U2410?

I'm so close to hitting buy....

Dell has the "world best" return policy. Specially with Ultrasharp series.

I have returned 3 defective 2408wfp for full refund after using them nearly 2 month ;)

I got a chance to check out my friends U2410 he just got it Friday. I didn't even know he ordered one. Any its a very nice monitor. Excellent view angles. But it does have that same white glow when viewing from the sides and it also has that dirty grainy feel to it when viewing web pages. I was thinking about returning my doublesight monitor and getting the U2410, but after seeing it in person I like the doublesight better. I think if the U2410 had aw-polarization on the screen I would have probably got that over the doublesight. But I can definitely tell a monitor screen that has it and one that doesn't now.

Back