Dell ST2410 24” 1920 x 1080 $179 @ dell.com

lundrog

[H]ard|Gawd
Starting Price $259
Total Savings $70

Dell ST2410 24” $189

"Eye-Catching Performance
The new DellTM ST2410 24” Full HD Widescreen Monitor delivers clean and crisp picture quality to enhance your movie watching, game playing and web surfing. Immerse yourself in the action with Full HD quality and a 50,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio.
Enjoy action-packed entertainment with a typical 5ms response time.
Consume less with a new energy-efficient model.
Complete your desktop with a sleek-looking bezel and stylish display."

"

Panel Size:
24"
Aspect Ratio
Widescreen (16:9)
Panel Type:
TN – Twisted Nematic
Optimal Resolution:
1920 x 1080 at 60Hz
Contrast Ratio:
Dynamic Contrast Ratio 50000:1 (max)
Brightness:
250 cd/m2 (typical)
Response Time:
5ms
Viewing Angle
(160 vertical / 160 horizontal)
Color Support:
16.7 million colors
Pixel Pitch:
0.277 mm
Display Type
Anti-glare
Device Type
Full HD Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor"

EDIT: price is now $189

EDIT: back to life @ $189

Last edited:
Gorgeous monitor, I picked up one of these during the last promotion Dell had.

I have not seen a review for this particular model but I over all its a TN panel and I think the only drawback if any is having only 2 CFL tubes to light the screen. I think typical monitor this size has 4. I know some of the other dell energy friendly monitors like this one preform great but do not have the the same level of brightness as other regular monitors.

buying one now - 3 day shipping is free too!!!!

Now if only there was BCB for it I would be in for a couple.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
ugh..I can't believe I just bit on this, but we'll see. With that many good reviews and a HDMI & DVI port, I couldn't pass this up. The bad thing is I just spent about 10 minutes of research on this and purchased it. The good thing is it seems like the best deal I've seen so far, it even beats the $199 Samsung 2494SW deal going around. $192.87 with 3 day shipping...still scared that I bit on this :rolleyes:

Oh and the funny thing, I've spent hours and hours of research on the Asus 25.5" that just became discontinued in the past couple days, the samsung, a couple dells, and that's just naming a few...did I mention I can't believe I just bit on this...someone ease my fears here..

I bought two of these when they were $130 after cash back on cyber monday. They are fantasic monitors, but they are not VESA compliant. You cannot replace the stands on them or wall mount them

For some reason none of the initial reviews I read mentioned that, but I did read it later. The picture quality is excellent on them for a cheap montior though. I'm using one for a TV and gave the other to the wife to use on her desk.

Tempted to pick one up as for TV use...

It works great as a TV, just keep in mind you'll need to add speakers. It has a 3.5MM stereo connector for passthrough of the HDMI audio. I just plugged in a cheapo set of speakers. I had been using an older 23" HP 1920x1200 monitor for TV, but that one distored the picture a bit due to the ratio difference and also had some bad motion blur watching football. I haven't had any problems there with this Dell.

That's weird, hours later and still not email confirmation. If I go to my account and look at orders, there is nothing. I know I didn't dream me ordering this cause it's all over my history...

I'd cancel and order one of the ones I posted honestly... Unless you're set on 24"...

$20 more for 21.5" $30 more for 23" both at the same resolution, but 3yr warranty and very nice stand... height, tilt, swivel, rotate... USB Hub (although somewhat useless is still there). As well as display-port instead of HDMI... but I'm fairly certain you can get female to male display-port adapters that should work fine with consoles / other devices that do 1080p.

But that's my opinion...

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...etail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-8323

Same resolution, smaller screen, 3 yr warranty and better stand...

Or the same thing but 23" for $10 more

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...etail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-8325

Wouldn't recommend for eyefinity if you wanna go portrait mode though... TN panels are meh.

These are tempting, but the Ultrasharp 2209WA ips panel can be had for $212. Sure, it's smaller resolution, but worth it in my opinion.

The pros for the 2310H is built in displayport and increased resolution of course.
If the 2310H were $179, I'd be ordering 3.

That is true, honestly I think people would be happier spending a bit more money for a better screen.

I'm quite tempted by that 2209WA price... but was hoping for Display Port for Eyefinity...

Selling off my 3007WFP-HC for 3 of those (Or similar IPS monitors ~$200-350)... or finding 2 x 2007FP's and sticking them on the side of mine and hoping Eyefinity picks up support for that setup Portrait-Landscape-Portrait.

I'd cancel and order one of the ones I posted honestly... Unless you're set on 24"...

$20 more for 21.5" $30 more for 23" both at the same resolution, but 3yr warranty and very nice stand... height, tilt, swivel, rotate... USB Hub (although somewhat useless is still there). As well as display-port instead of HDMI... but I'm fairly certain you can get female to male display-port adapters that should work fine with consoles / other devices that do 1080p.

But that's my opinion...

Well I would like to use this for a TV, and all around monitor. 3 year warranty is nice, but I'm not gonna say anything because honestly, I'm scared to say anything in fear of it taking a dump on me. I don't care much for the adjustment as long as it really does sit low; 3" from the bottom of the desk is what I read. As far as usb and display-port, I'm really in no need of these. I know it's future-proofing with the display-port, but the hype is too much and HDMI is more than good enough for me. I fully understand where you're coming from though, I just need the extra screen real estate.

When I read this, I had just finished dialing the # to dell order support haha. Thanks so much for the info :D

i got my email confirmation and am hoping to have it delivered by saturday. I'll post my impressions and photos for those that care.

It turned out the order never registered. I just checked my credit card online and nothing with dell or with that price. I'm glad I ordered it again though that same day. I found a $50 gift card my dad had around, came out to ~$142 shipped. Estimated delivery is tomorrow, can't wait! I think this is my birthday present as my birthday is in 2 days..21 here I come :D

Oh and the funny thing, I've spent hours and hours of research on the Asus 25.5" that just became discontinued in the past couple days, the samsung, a couple dells, and that's just naming a few...did I mention I can't believe I just bit on this...someone ease my fears here..

I actually bit on that 25.5" Asus monitor about this time last month when it was $270 before the $30 MIR. It's a pretty nice monitor so far and I have no complaints about it. I actually took it with me to my parents for the holidays too because thy still have crappy CRT TVs and I can't stand to play and games on them. Since this monitor has component/HDMI and speakers, it was perfect for it. Too bad they pulled it.. I'm trying to log into Newegg to verify, but the site is messing up for me and wont log me in.

monitor came a few days ago, it's beautiful!!! I'm using it with clear type. and i love it.

Yea it's pretty amazing. I got 2 of the smallest dead pixels you'll ever see which I only found after heavily scanning the monitor. Overall, I think it was a steal. I noticed a big difference between DVI and VGA. Oh and TV on this monitor is astounding. Glad you like yours too.

What was the price when this thread first started? It seems the price went back up, i always miss the deals.

it was 179 when it started. then went up to 189. now it is back to the normal price so the deal is dead

Yea it's pretty amazing. I got 2 of the smallest dead pixels you'll ever see which I only found after heavily scanning the monitor. Overall, I think it was a steal. I noticed a big difference between DVI and VGA. Oh and TV on this monitor is astounding. Glad you like yours too.

what difference? does DVI give a much better picture? if so how much better?

Back