Dell Monitors in Portrait next to 3008WFP

hhara

Gawd
I know there is a specific dell 20 inch that when put in portrait fits perfectly next to the 3007wfp. I am pretty sure there is no equivalent for the 3008wfp since the bezel is totally different. Does anyone have any pictures and/or suggestions on which Dell 20 inch model (and revision number) I should put in portrait mode next to my 3008wfp? I am planning on getting two.

Also - Am I correct in understanding that you cannot operate SLI while having monitors plugged into both video cards? Could I plug in all 3 monitors to one GTX280? ie., 3008WFP connected via HDMI running at 2560x1600 and the two 20 inch models connected to the two dual link DVI connections running at 1600x1200 each?

I don't know anything about GTX280 but you can't drive the 3008WFP at 2560x1600 with HDMI.

You have to get a second graphics card. Try and find some weak, cheap model with passive heatsinks.

DVI and HDMI share the same two RAMDACs (I believe that what they're called).
So you can't have more than two screens showing content at once unless you utilize a displayport output, that interface uses a third RAMDAC.

I ran a 2007 wfp for a while trying to match sizes, but in the end switched to an old 2407 in portrait, because I just enjoyed the extra space. None of the small monitors have exactly the same PPI as the 3007, so you may as well just go with the bigger monitors in portrait mode (assuming that this is for non-Eyefinity type use)

I ran a 2007 wfp for a while trying to match sizes, but in the end switched to an old 2407 in portrait, because I just enjoyed the extra space. None of the small monitors have exactly the same PPI as the 3007, so you may as well just go with the bigger monitors in portrait mode (assuming that this is for non-Eyefinity type use)

The Dell 2007fp does.

You're going to want to get a 20" 1600x1200 screen. 2007FP works as mentioned a few times.

I have a 5870. Would love to get this setup also.

So one DVI to the 30" in landscape. One DVI to the 20" in portrait, one HDMI to the the other 20" in portrait? But I will need some sort of active adapter on one of the DVI ports to make this all work with one card? Or will I absolutely need a 2nd card?

So one DVI to the 30" in landscape. One DVI to the 20" in portrait, one HDMI to the the other 20" in portrait? But I will need some sort of active adapter on one of the DVI ports to make this all work with one card? Or will I absolutely need a 2nd card?

You need a second card to run three monitors with NVIDIA cards. At least I believe that's the case.

Last edited:

Just use the displayport for the 3008WFP and the two DVI ports for the 20" monitors.

Back