CPVA question

icor1031

[H]ard|Gawd
I read somewhere, that some (or all?) *VA monitors make your eyes focus somewhere behind the text, and are thus bad for reading.

Is that true?
Is it true for CPVA? (2333t)

Thanks!

Sounds like hogwash. What is your source? I see no reason why VA panel technology would differ in any way than TN or IPS in this regard.

2333t should be god for reading and photos and bad for multimedia because slow response time

though for reading and everything else it would be better to buy some semi-glossy IPS

VA panels have gamma shift and each eye can get slightly different shade of color. This affect not so much text but darker greys

I have 3x C-PVA panels (F2380) and have experienced no such discomfort over several years now (heavy user too).

I have 3x C-PVA panels (F2380) and have experienced no such discomfort over several years now (heavy user too).
hope you have them calibrated as f2380 have really screved up gamma response :rolleyes:

hope you have them calibrated as f2380 have really screved up gamma response :rolleyes:

Do you have anything that can show me what is wrong? and what would be right? I'm living in ignorance is bliss-ville right now.

Do you have anything that can show me what is wrong? and what would be right? I'm living in ignorance is bliss-ville right now.

this is correction curve for f2380 (it should be close to straight in good monitor)
HXzd29M.png

I had F2380 and it looked quite bad without color correction. Samsung fixed this issue in F2380MX and 2333T which also had better contrast ratio

I had F2380 and it looked quite bad without color correction. Samsung fixed this issue in F2380MX and 2333T which also had better contrast ratio

1) IMO, everyone should calibrate their displays. Accurate colorimeters are fairly affordable, and most displays will greatly benefit from calibration.
2) I've never used an F2380, but my primary computer monitor is a 2333T, and its native gamma is horrible -- so I don't think Samsung "fixed" the problem with that model. FWIW, this is my 2333T gamma before and after calibration (profiling):

Before.png

After.png

Nice results.
I tried using my 2333T as a main screen for a while, but the low DPI + AG made it difficult to read on.

1) IMO, everyone should calibrate their displays. Accurate colorimeters are fairly affordable, and most displays will greatly benefit from calibration.
2) I've never used an F2380, but my primary computer monitor is a 2333T, and its native gamma is horrible -- so I don't think Samsung "fixed" the problem with that model. FWIW, this is my 2333T gamma before and after calibration (profiling):

that looks exactly like F2380 :(

I had it for a year and liked its coating, text rendering and generally it had nice light spectrum coming out of it. But crappy gamma and terrible response times (with even worse RTC) made it suitable only to static images on desktop :eek:

Back