Cooling a Super Lanboy [noob advice please]

KevinO

[H]ard|Gawd
Wondering if anyone has watercooled a Antec Super Lanboy http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-129-145&depa=0? I am looking for a new case to watercool in the future. I am not going to do anything to drastic (rad, pump, cpu block, t-line). This case looks "roomy" enough to handle that with no probs.

The reason I chose it is because of the the 120mm fan in the front (where my rad will go). I have looked at some the lian's mentioned in this thread and they are too pricey for me. I don't need a power supply as I bought a new one, so any suggestions in the sub $100 range would be appreciated.

Your problem with watercooling in that mini case will be the graphic card. It is basically going to cut your free space in two sections if it's anything of Geforce 4 or later size. I doubt you could fit the typical pump setup underneath in there and still have room for decent tubing. So you'd need one of the bay mounted cooling systems, and those are not very effective normally. Check out the x-pider series, same price range, and plenty of space for water coooling.

if you're looking for a watercooling setup under 100 you should switch to air cooling. expect to pay 200 for any sort of "decent" kit

I meant $100 for a case. I have started to spec out my cooling kit and it is going to be around $200 - $250.

That case will work fine, so long as you find a way to deal with the pump placement.

You will hav to cut out the sideways HDD rack though to make adequate room for a black ice pro or a heatercore of some flavor. measure first before getting your rad though, since you might have to take out the bottom front mount 3.5" bay as well.

Problem with tiny cases....lots of things have to be cut out to make room.

You can fit your dvd drive on top, the res right underneath (if you go bay-res that is), then fit all your stuff down there fine, with exception of pump. If you use onboard or USB sound solutions, and have no cards under your AGP card, you can possibly fit a pump down there using some creative placement and a 90 degree fitting. I don't like my 90 degree fitting, but hey, I still get good temps off of it. I could get lower, but that's for the next case design.

I planned on cutting those hard drive bays out. I have an NF7-S mobo and the only card I have is my radeon 9500 pro. I don't plan on cooling the VC or the chipset only the cpu right now. I think I am going to go for it. Thanks for the advice.

There are the parts I am going to use:
DD RBX Waterblock or DD TDX Waterblock
DD Pump
DD Rad

Thanks again everyone. No res, I plan on using a T-Line.

if you go DD for hte cpu block go TDX... less hastle trying to split the outs

Back