Computer Turns on and Immediately Off

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[

Supreme [H]ardness
Well right now my computer is turning on and then immediately turning back off. Once it turns off I have to wait a bit before it will turn back on again.

The motherboard is "new". Just got it from newegg. Abit KD7A. Athlon xp 2400+.

I've already tried reseating the mobo and checking for shorts, and I've tried 2 different power supplies.

Anyone have any ideas?

What are the exact specs of your power supply? It could be and most likely is a power supply problem. I use to have this kind of problem with my computer, but once I upgraded the PSU, it went away.

Originally posted by lil layzie
What are the exact specs of your power supply? It could be and most likely is a power supply problem. I use to have this kind of problem with my computer, but once I upgraded the PSU, it went away.

One is an Antec 350w True Power, The other is a Turbolink 420w.

i had the same exact problem, from a cold start it would start to boot then shut off, then after about 5-10 minutes of on and off, it would finally boot. it was my POS psu that came with my POS case, ungraded to tru330, no problem since, actually the system is much more stable than before

I think there might be some sort of short in there. Look very closely, including up into the holes in IDE connectors, You never know. BTW: Hook up a multimeter to the 3.3v line. (between plug and mobo). IF it reads more than five amps you might have a fried mobo.

Well it turns out, after days of fucking with the damn thing, the problem was that we dident plug the CPU fan into the "CPU Fan" slot, we just used another one, so the motherboard that the CPU dident have a fan, and would shut off... But another big problem came up. During testing with 2 other computers last night, we Fried two AMD processors... so i am kinda pissed right now :mad:

Back