Colour shift test for *VA and TN screens

Biges

[H]ard|Gawd
WoW!

http://lcdtech.no-ip.info/en/tests/color-shift.htm

I know it exists for a long time and many people know it, still I was amazed to find such a precise test to show the PVA/MVA colour shift (we can all identify TN without trouble :) ). Gotta try at home with NEC 2690. And find somewhere a TN screen :)
("Hey, boss, move aside, I wanna perform this cool test on your inferior screen" :) - just joking, TN and *VA are OK for programming :) )

Now let us Eizo or Samsung tell us how perfect their S-PVAs are for colour critical work.

Last edited:
Lol TN panel is the one i have definitely :) Still, i'm happy with it..good test though, thanks for sharing.

Lol TN panel is the one i have definitely :) Still, i'm happy with it..good test though, thanks for sharing.

TN screens have their benefits, whose outhweight the shortcomings for the most customers :)

I don't see any colourshifting either :(

*hugs her CRTs* :p

On a more serious note, my housemate has dual TN displays and when he was using one of them in a 90 degrees inverted position (3:4 instead of 4:3) to work on some documents, I really noticed how the colourshift on the display made it nearly impossible to view anything on from any side. I knew that TN was junk, but that just made me realize how it can even degrade the value of such a cool monitor feature like changing its orientation.

Biges, thank you so much for the link to the excellent LCD Tech site!

I was searching for a not-completely-horrible 14.1" TN panel that we might try to convince Lenovo to put into a T400. Not much luck until the LCD Tech site showed the LG Philips LP141WP2 14.1" 1440x900 TN panel with 160/120 viewing angles. (Yeah, I know those are not angles to brag about, but for a TN panel they're good.)

The online dynamic range and color shift tests are great, too. My calibrated MVA monitor does fine on the dynamic range test, but shows big color shifts at only about 45 degree viewing angle. I'd noticed some color shifting in day-to-day work, but this test really brings it out. At least the colors don't invert! ;)

Back