Cavalry 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM 16MB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive $86.95 AR AC

Excellent Price, as the rumor is they are SATAII. So you can take out the drive for internal Drive use.

Anyone ever heard of Cavelry? It better be a decent hdd inside there.

Make a new google checkout account and get another %10 off (before rebate).
Pretty sure you can't combine google checkout with a Buy.com coupon. Otherwise the 10% off Buy.com coupon will give you a bigger discount, $13 vs $10

Buy.com said:
Coupons – All Coupons are currently ineligible for use with Google Checkout.

Is this a decent drive for backups then? Some reviews say it runs hot and might cook the drive. I need something for backups.

Is this a decent drive for backups then? Some reviews say it runs hot and might cook the drive. I need something for backups.
At this price i'd almost advise modding the enclosure to give it better ventilation, you'd probably void the warranty though. You could always place it in an area with decent ventilation ie; near the floor or away from other warm-running electronics etc etc.

Heads up to all: Note that the Buy.com coupon expires tonight (!)

After tax and shipping it is coming out to :
Items: $116.95
Shipping FREE
Tax: $8.48
Order Total: $125.43

-$30 rebate... is 95.43 Is this still a good price?

After tax and shipping it is coming out to :
Items: $116.95
Shipping FREE
Tax: $8.48
Order Total: $125.43

-$30 rebate... is 95.43 Is this still a good price?
Have you used the 10% coupon the OP posted above, the price should be around $ 85 shipped AR, edit...never mind just noticed the sales tax.

But otherwise yea it's a great price, the regular internal 500gb drives go for around $109 on sale, and this particular drive comes with a USB enclosure, worth $30 all by itself ;).

I went ahead and purchased as I wanted something for backups, and the 1TB drive looked nicer but was pretty expensive in comparison. At least it should not travel too far :p

Not to get off topic :)

Back