Can I use my Monitor as a TV??? LG L204WT

Ladic

[H]ard|Gawd
So right now my tv is out for repairs, and they say it will take a couple of weeks.

I use a LG L204WT as my PC monitor, it has DVI input, my cable box has DVI output (which is how I connected it to my dead hdtv).

My question is, Can I just plug the dvi cable to my monitor and get the tv picture on it instead? do I have to move any settings will it break it?

thanks

Just try it, it wont hurt anything.

Also, is the monitor widescreen? what resolution?

yeah, monitor is widescreen, resolution right now is at 1680x1050

just plug the dvi cable in.

your monitor supposedly supports hdcp which many comcast boxes require, so that shouldnt be a problem.

See if it works. if it doesnt, it means you need to adjust the output resolution of your cable box. it probably outputs only 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i. i suggest setting it to 720p.. 1280x720. that and 480p will probably be the only working resolutions on your monitor.

if you dont know how to adjust your output resolution on the cable box, you're gonna have to call customer service.. i remember i had to do some kind of power off, then power on and press select quickly to get the resolution output/setup menu on my cable box..but im sure every box is different

its ridiculous, looks better than my HDTV!!!

tv14bq.png

tv20en.png

Back