C300 arrived totally impressed with performance!

psyside

2[H]4U
Let me start of by saying thanks to John and OldHippie who advice me to get an C300 instead of Vertex2, you guys rock!

And now the result!

42044013.png

asssdbenchc300ctfddac12.png

Totally blown away by 4K performance, especially write!! :D

Last edited:
Looks good. Are you running any type of an adaptor for full SATA 6 speeds?

I'm glad you're pleased!

These are great all around drives.

I've been using mine since Oct and it hasn't lost any speed yet unlike every other drive I've had....GSkill, Intel, and Vertex2s.

Now.....all ya need is another one for RAID0 and a nice SATA6 port. :D

Looks good. Are you running any type of an adaptor for full SATA 6 speeds?

Nop, and i wont until Intel make those. The Marvel controllers/ports are quiet worse then ICH10, especially in the 4K random read/write, the most important part of what makes SSD fast not the sequntial transfers which are quite useless, and that is where you get boost by SATA III vs II.

Just look at this 4K results.

Intel ICH10/R SATA II.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums...e-ICH10RRAID-NonMember-For-Crucial-ForumL.jpg

Marvel SATA III

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z449/c300-review/Test Results/MarvellSingleC300L.jpg

BTW anyone have idea how to instal Msachi driver? WIN7 install RST drivers automatic, even when i uninstall them. Is there any chance to download msachi and force the install?

I've heard that The C300 in SATA3 doesn't support TRIM yet. Then how about for the C300 in SATA2, does it support TRIM?

Yes that also, forgot to say in SATA III u don't even have TRIM.

In SATA II it works with no problems.

Little update,

I can now for sure say that using the Intel RST 9.6 drivers instead of the new ones is great choice!

This is with RST 10 both new versions scores where similar.

asssdbenchc300ctfddac12.png

And this is with the RST 9.6

asssdbenchc300driver960.png

Big difference in 4K write scores!

P.S. My drive is working perfect in benchmarks and WIN applications programs etc, but the boot is quite slow, 25/6 sec. Any ideas guys?

Last edited:
My scores change over time.

If you were to switch drivers right now the scores may change again.

Just use it for awhile, let it get to a steady state, and calm down. :D

Well thats what i do! always want to get the most of my components :D

BTW how long does it takes to boot from (windows loading screen to desktop) on your unit?

I know every system is different but still i want to get an general idea :)

Well thats what i do! always want to get the most of my components
LOL!

OK...we just don't need any more screenshots. :D

(windows loading screen to desktop)

I'm not sure how you want to time this.

I have a little scrolling bar that travels one cycle (@ 1 sec.) when W7 is loading but then I have to login.

I had to do the login thing because my WHS unit goes crazy if I don't have a password on W7.

25 or 26 seconds must be including the BIOS stuff...not just W7 loading.

Have you enabled write caching on your drive?

Soooo I really don't know what to tell ya.

Well thats what i do! always want to get the most of my components :D

BTW how long does it takes to boot from (windows loading screen to desktop) on your unit?

I know every system is different but still i want to get an general idea :)

If it sits for a long time at the Loading Windows screen, it's probably something other than the drive at issue (maybe waiting for a USB device or something). How long does it take from when you first see the desktop until all your services are loaded and the desktop reaches steady state? I think that's a better judge of the SSD speed increase.

LOL!

OK...we just don't need any more screenshots. :D

I'm not sure how you want to time this.

I have a little scrolling bar that travels one cycle (@ 1 sec.) when W7 is loading but then I have to login.

I had to do the login thing because my WHS unit goes crazy if I don't have a password on W7.

25 or 26 seconds must be including the BIOS stuff...not just W7 loading.

Have you enabled write caching on your drive?

Soooo I really don't know what to tell ya.

Ehhh my boot up is around 1 minute if we include the BIOS post, from the moment windows logo show till usable desktop i need around 26/7 seconds (is where the loading wheel stop spin)

If it sits for a long time at the Loading Windows screen, it's probably something other than the drive at issue (maybe waiting for a USB device or something). How long does it take from when you first see the desktop until all your services are loaded and the desktop reaches steady state? I think that's a better judge of the SSD speed increase.

Yea i think so also. When i first see desktop it need around 7/8 seconds to get ready.

Back