athlon x4 for a p4?

What about RAM, PSU?

Does his setup come with a case?

he has not told me what case he has, and i will not be trading my psu/gpu. we have the same ram.

The X4 620 is not faster than a Q6600.

I'd make the trade if you feel that you can't sell the Coolermaster Comos S case for $120 and find a used Q6600 or E8400 for $120. But try to find out what case he has.

Last edited:
these are quotes from newegg for the 620

Other Thoughts: Significantly faster than my Core2Quad 8200 and I don't mean just a little a LOT. At stock speed it scores double on PCMark05. OC'd signifcantly more. It's a speed difference you can easily notice just using the machines. I was debating between this and a Phenom II X3 720 black and I think the extra core was worth it for me, but you can't go wrong either way.

Has worked flawlessly in my new Win 7-64 build and returns a 7.2 processor score in the Win Experience index.

The q8200 is the lowest and retail quadcore from intel. It's slower than the q6600, and lacks a few features.

i'm beginning to want that x4. i hope i don't regret switching to amd/ati. i had a hell of a time with ati's linux drivers. PIECE OF CRAP.

Amd CPU is fine and dandy for Linux. Gpu, I am not so sure of.

Nvidia's linux gpu support is significantly better, though.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

i miss my iphone. and thanks for the help.

Ach...

I had to type from mine while I solved a issue with my web browser logging me out the moment I logged in (so I couldn't post).

BTW, I hate my 3Gs.

Maybe they'll fix it's problems, but then again....

maybe not.

Good luck!

I'd not only want to know what case he's trading, but what motherboard specifically, you might be giving up considerable features over your 975X

performance wise, it should easily be an improvement over the P4, but also agree with Danny, I'm not so sure you're getting the better side of this deal (if this is craigslist or similar, don't be surprised when your system ends up on ebay for $500 as "awesome gaming rig")

Back