ASUS CrossHair IV Extreme Spy Pics

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at SlashGear got their hands on a few spy pics of the upcoming ASUS CrossHair IV Extreme. The board features an AMD 890FX chipset with dual BIOS, Phenom II X6 support, a Lucid Hydra 200 chip and support for ASUS’ RoG Connect with remote Bluetooth control.

Just two questions: are any of these numerous USB ports 3.0? And what exactly is remote Bluetooth control?

I hope Asus doesn't try to say their dual BIOS is new, exclusive, revolutionary, etc.

^^ From what I've seen so far, not so well... But it's very new technology - the developers need time to get their code base up to date.

Thank god they got rid of the blue color scheme for AMD boards. Many Intel boards had red and black, but this is one of the few AMD boards with red and black The black and dark blue wasn't bad on some boards, but the pastel shit on all the new Gigabyte boards and some of the Asus boards was horrid.

They need to stick to simple schemes. Red and black. Blue and black. Yellow and Black.

I dont see the point in a new board when the CPU it supports is EOL.
There wont be an 8 core AMD phen2 and as far as I have read, only plans for one more speed bump. I hate to be the pesimist, but why?

Just two questions: are any of these numerous USB ports 3.0? And what exactly is remote Bluetooth control?

1) only two USB 3.0 ports are mentioned here http://www.overclock.net/amd-motherboards/682489-un-official-asus-crosshair-iv-formula.html

2) from HotHardware.com.. "The CrossHair IV Extreme also supports the new Bluetooth RoG Connect feature, which gives users the ability to wirelessly tweak many system parameters from a secondary system, like a netbook.

Does the Lucid chip even work properly?

Read Ryan's review of the MSI Big Bang Fuzion motherboard with integrated HYDRA controller here http://pcper.com/article.php?aid=852 Lucid's Hydra chip allows for mixing-and-matching of graphics card from different brands..

You'd expect "extreme spy pics" to include at least a few explosions, gunfights, and at minimum one steamy romance scene.

Oh, wait, "Extreme" is a model designation, you say?

I dont see the point in a new board when the CPU it supports is EOL.
There wont be an 8 core AMD phen2 and as far as I have read, only plans for one more speed bump. I hate to be the pesimist, but why?

Who cares about an 8 core Phenom II? AM3 will have bulldozer.

AM3 has more life than 1366.

Who cares about an 8 core Phenom II? AM3 will have bulldozer.

AM3 has more life than 1366.

I doubt AM3 will not have Bulldozer .
Bulldozer will have an on chip GPU and quad channel DDR3...Not possible without nearly double the pins. If it is backward compatable it would be extremely limited.

Hmm...if it has a Hydra-chip, this might be the only AMD-based chipset that can do SLI...NVIDIA isn't making AMD chipsets anymore, so this might be someones only choice if they want to go Green (AMD) and Green (NVIDIA).

I still prefer the Crosshair IV Formula, but the Extreme will definitely appeal to the truly [H]ardcore.

Hmm...if it has a Hydra-chip, this might be the only AMD-based chipset that can do SLI...NVIDIA isn't making AMD chipsets anymore, so this might be someones only choice if they want to go Green (AMD) and Green (NVIDIA).

I still prefer the Crosshair IV Formula, but the Extreme will definitely appeal to the truly [H]ardcore.

That would be the only reason for me to buy one , nVidia SLi.
But I still say AMD wont have a Bulldozer in socket AM3.

Back