Arctic Cooling ACF12PWM + Thermaltake 120?

Rakinos

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone know if this fan will work with the classic Thermaltake 120's fan brackets? Or should I just go with the standard version?

I assume you mean the thermalright ultra extreme 120, if so the standard fan is the one youll need, ran 2 of theese on an ultra a while back, awesome fans.

DSC00109Medium.jpg

Does anyone know if this fan will work with the classic Thermaltake 120's fan brackets? Or should I just go with the standard version?

I am also guessing you mean the TRUE? In any case, the TRUE will work with about any fan that has open corners, if it does not the clips will not hold it on, however, you can buy one of the new holders that will work just fine, or go the cheap way and use zip ties.

But if all you are looking for is a nice PWM fan, might I suggest the Kama PWM, it's just like the other Kama Flex fans, but cheaper, however, the corners are closed.

yep, the thermalright ultra 120 extreme (as per my sig). I've been using an old yate loon with the corners trimmed a bit (and more in the rest of the case), but I've missed the ability to adjust the speed based on temp. I was thinking about swapping out my fans for pwm models, so I would need one that has the passthrough that allows one to chain them. What's the new fan mount that I can purchase? I never did like the wire one.

They can also be had at Jabtech, along with the Kama fans, link for the fan holder here. This is what the new TRUE coolers come with, however the only down side is not being able to run thick (over 25mm) fans, however, seeing as you are wanting PWM that's not a problem.

Back