Anyone bought a 2007FP from Dell lately?

kmrivers

Limp Gawd
Just wondering if anyone has bought one of these and received an IPS. Thanks!

These haven't been sold in a while (2 years or so) so you're at eBay's mercy there.

How about a nice 2209WA instead?

Just make sure you get revision a05 and youll be good. Im running three in eyefinity!

Hi all,

Best wishes to all for this new year.

I'm on the market to replace my failing old Belinea 17" 101735 TFT screen and prefer the 4:3 ratio too.

The French Dell store features two kinds of this one (I translated the specs in French), both at the same price :

LCD Dell UltraSharp 2007FP 20,1 in. flat panel Black bezel (2007FP TCO99)
Manufacturer Part# 858-10043
Dell Part# 59202

LCD Dell UltraSharp 2007FP 20,1 in. flat panel Silver bezel (2007FP TCO03)
Manufacturer Part# 858-10073
Dell Part# 73486​

Note that the Manufacturer and Dell Part# have nothing to do with US catalog (a matter of power supply cord and norms compliances?).

In a matter of taste and picture editing purpose I'd rather choose the black framed one but I noticed TCO specs difference that hint me for noticeable hardware/firmware differences: the way the monitor will speak with my hardware, afaik.

* Am I wrong with that ?

What should be the other changes between these?

* kind of the panel S-IPS or PVA : btw am I guaranteed to get a S-IPS?
* revision# difference

I'm really picky about noise, both PCs are entirely foamed, hard-drives decoupled (luckily I live in a quiet part of a big city so the PCs are the noisiest things around).

* is the 2007FP really silent? I mean emitting any noticeable humm, crackle, buzz, whine at whatever setting?

Thanks in advance for any relevant answer.

While I know that your post is somewhat related to the current topic, in the future please start your own thread instead of using someone else's. -Oldie

Last edited by a moderator:
there are plenty on ebay / rev a05 - ips panels

they'll cost you about $175

after i setup my eyefinity my roomie wanted the same / so he ordered 3 from the same seller on ebay - i think it cost him $475 or so for 3 and they were all of the specs from above

all 3 were made in late 2008 and all 3 were flawless / no dead pixels, no blems on the actual display

not bad for less than $500 - oh yea, free shipping, arrived about 3 days after he ordered them

Hi Jamhamm,

Thanks for your answer. :)

Did you ever heard a sound from one of them? Even a tenuous buzz from the PSU?
Sometimes it can vary by playing with brightness.

I'm really paranoid with noises, drives me really mad. :D

nope - no noises from any of them

the seller even said that any problems and they'd pay for shipping both ways and replace the display...

I bought two on eBay and they were horrible. One was beat to hell with the front bezel falling off. Even though these were supposed to be "Grade A."

It should be OK, so. With multisync PSU (don't know the right term) and our 50Hz AC in France, it's sometimes messy.

In Europe the 3y. on site warranty is kept when not buying to Dell. Just got to call them. Knock on wood.

Thanks again.

EDIT: It depends mostly from the carrier or the former owner... I should order it from a british online shop of good reputation for the packaging (double the original, one, I think) and deliver brand new new products.
My worst fear is the people stealing in the warehouses or bad postmen on dispatch centers.

Last edited:
jamhamm,

Do you remember the username of the ebay seller? I would be very interested in purchasing same monitors from a "known" ebay seller instead of randomly picking from the various ebay sellers of the 2007fp.

Thanks,

Edward

the seller was nyn_electronics - and i dont see any active now, i had to look in completed listings

but you can always shoot them a message

Thank you, but it seems nyn_electronics only has ipod products for sale now. I guess he is an opportunistic seller, gets things in bulk and sells them. He must have exhausted his Dell monitor supply. I'll keep an eye on his listings for a few days/weeks. Thanks.

Thanks..

Weird...If you search for all his auctions as well as store sales, this listing does not show up. See following link.

http://stores.ebay.com/nYn-Electron...csQQ_sidZ880504120QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em309

Question:

What is the difference between 2007FP and 2007FPb?

Does the 2007FPb mean that the sound bar is included (the picture in his listing includes a soundbar and the descriptions mentions it also)? Is the soundbar removeable on this model so that I can orient the monitors in Portrait mode?

2007FP was and STILL are available through Dell. I purchased one 4 months ago and I love it!

My 2007FP has an "L" at the end of the serial number and was made in Mexico. Rev. 05

All 2007FPs after 2008 are all IPS so no worries there.

A very good monitor to say the least.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I asked the same questions on the Dell Community forum. They still can't guarantee the delivery of IPS instead of PVA...

PVA a handful of bucks lesser or an IPS with a premium would be OK but such industrial schizophrenia disappoints me.

I had a 22" 16/9 monitor for a few days (TN panel, never mind), it was an awful experience... I'm a bit reactionary about that, I really don't find that comfy to work on (noding with the head —maybe less w. IPS widest angle view) and I felt happy when I saw that some professional concern's manufacturer kept this kind of products —I mean 4:3 ratio with accurate pitch— on shelves.

Anyway, thanks guys for your answers. I'll keep you informed if I pull the trigger for a 2007FP.

Last edited:
Any way, one talked about a 16:10 hype 2209WA 1680x1050 with an e-IPS (economic IPS? hence the price tag) while the others are concerned with 4:3 1600x1200 S-IPS panels.

In a matter of taste and picture editing purpose I'd rather choose the black framed one but I noticed TCO specs difference that hint me for noticeable hardware/firmware differences: the way the monitor will speak with my hardware, afaik.

The only difference between the two is the color of the bezel. The reason for why the black one doesn't get TCO03 has something to do with the contrast of the bezel compared to the image (or something like that, don't remember - anyway, they are identical aside from the color of the bezel.).

Probably a silly question, but what's the difference between those two panels you listed? One is $389 and one of $489. :confused:

I might be picking a 2007FP up and I want to make sure I am getting the correct one. lol

One is US price (cheaper one) and the other is Canadian price.

Hi all,

I asked the same questions on the Dell Community forum. They still can't guarantee the delivery of IPS instead of PVA...

I am telling you that they are no longer shipping pva 2007Fp panels.

After 2008 they are all IPS, go ahead and order one. Just check serial # ends in "L" also code inside menu shows HN210. These are all IPS

I just got mine from Dell, they are both IPS. On the box there is a logo that says "Premium Panel Guarantee."

From what I have read, and from my very recent experience I would say that IPS is guaranteed.

On another note, has anyone had issues getting these things straight in portrait mode? One is a few degrees off.

Figured it out. On the stand, loosen the four screw in the center and give the bracket a turn. That will correct it.

My 2007FP doesn't seem to have that problem in portrait mode. I wonder if it could just be that particular Y stand.

On another note, I noticed for us recent buyers of 2007FP that even the latest versions are not HDCP which is a detriment if we need to hook up with the latest like bluray and such.

For the premium price we pay we should at least get that.

Last edited:
RetroGear:

I have noticed it on other Dell displays that we get into our office. Correcting it was pretty easy. I haven't run them through the usual dead pixel tests, etc.

HDCP is not a huge deal for me. But I agree, for the price it should be included. My guess is the price is what ensures an IPS panel.

Thanks for the tip on how to correct the stand posture. I will take another look at mine when I get home to see that it is lined up perfectly.

Last time I checked it looked ok in portrait but I'll recheck it.

As for hdcp, I agree, I'd rather have that beautiful IPS panel.

i am looking at selling mine since I can just put my mbp in its place and was wondering how much I should ask for it??

Depends:

Is it IPS? Under warranty? Good condition? If yes to these questions, I would say somewhere between Dell's new price and the 30/90 warranty eBay price. If no, adjust according.

True, it could be either IPS or S-PVA. That would have to be determined.

Myself I am only looking at Rev 05 after the manufacture dates of 2008 preferably closer to 2009.

Check the serial # in the back if it ends in "S" or "L"?
Good luck with the sale.

Thanks Retrogear for the infos and other's comments,

I read (maybe here) that all post-2008 panels were all IPS... wich Dell rep's seem not to know.

I ordered one yesterday at a fairly good price vs. Dell France at PC Buy It (consumer branch of Taran Microsystems Ltd) in South UK (€80 bargain).

Glad to see you order it. I see from the website that it lists as an IPS rev 05 so that is good.

I hope you do not have to pay for big taxes and delivery. With Dell at least it is free delivery.

Last edited:
I think it'll be cool, indeed, with IPS-Rev05 though I've read that Dell build quality and QC are not what it used to be and sometimes higher the Rev# the lesser you get: poorer panel, bugs addressed but new one... even on Ultra series.

About this quite old model, well improved, I'm sure that people would tell if it was that bad.

About PC Buy It conditions, there are OK: 17.5% VAT (French is 19.6%) and £24 shipping. Dell's packages are strong and PC-BI wrap them in black film to avoid concupiscence. So with VAT & shipping, it is €80 under Dell's price tag without loosing the Dell EU Warranty.

Last edited:
So, I have both of my 2007FPs. They are both IPS.

At the moment I do not have a calibrator. I noticed however, that when both are in the service menu, they match my 30" ACD perfectly. What settings are being used in the service menu?

Back