AMD Radeon RX 460 numbers

cageymaru

Fully [H]
AMD Radeon RX 460 numbers.
AMD Radeon RX 460 Gets Single and Crossfire 3DMark 11 Benchmarks - The Super Affordable 'Budget Gaming' Graphics Card

Low end has a new champion it seems.

RX-460-3D-Mark-11.png

RX-460-CrossFire-3DMark-11.png

The crossfire score is a pretty bad value. You'd be better off with a 470 ;). But single-card beats a 750 TI which is currently low-end champ.

The crossfire score is a pretty bad value. You'd be better off with a 470 ;). But single-card beats a 750 TI which is currently low-end champ.
Well, if a single rx460 was not beating a single r7 360, it would be a fail of epic proportions in SKU naming.

I'd argue that it now has to beat the GTX 950, which also has a version out that runs on PCI-E power only.

Well, if a single rx460 was not beating a single r7 360, it would be a fail of epic proportions in SKU naming.

AMD messed this up a little with the low-end of the 300 series. I don't recall exactly, but I think the 265 was rebadged as the 370.

I'd argue that it now has to beat the GTX 950, which also has a version out that runs on PCI-E power only.

AMD messed this up a little with the low-end of the 300 series. I don't recall exactly, but I think the 265 was rebadged as the 370.

The mini 950 needs a price drop then. It's msrp is still sitting at $150, while the 460 starts at $100.

The mini 950 needs a price drop then. It's msrp is still sitting at $150, while the 460 starts at $100.

Sorry, I may have misunderstood Quix's post. I was going off performance and failed to consider price bracket. You're correct. Still, I do expect the 460 to compete with the 950 in performance. The first Polaris GPU shown off was matching a 950 in performance while running at an alleged 40-45W. This was either a 460, or a grossly underpowered and underclocked P10 engineering sample.

i would say theres a market for people just wanting to use extra displays hooked up or just needing a low powered card for whatever.....and in those cases amd did not have a competitive card at all. I think AMD is finally getting their act together;)...as to weather people will choose it over a 60 dollar 750 is a good question.

I don't game much these days, what little I do is usually on an old 720p monitor or my 1080p projector. While the games I play most often are older and well suited to my 6570 it's just too slow to run the few newer games I like. As these are easy to run titles, Trine 2, Alien Isolation, bioshock infinite etc a sub-100 dollar card like the 460, that's got better performance than a radeon 7850 would be an easy shoe in as my next card.

I brought up form factor the other day but the post got no attention.

if AMD can fit the 460 into a low profile design, they will have the fastest low-profile card on the market, and imo would get a lot of people to upgrade their HTPCs or Office PCs. The 750ti and 250 were the last low profile cards released, and are 2+ generations old at this point.

Combine the 460 with a Zen APU and some better multi gpu usage could make for a rather low cost but worthwhile gaming machine. Also dual graphics P11 and Zen APU for the mobile market will be interesting.

Back