AIO fan and pump plugs, where do you they go?

daphatgrant

Fi-yah!
Hey [H], I've got an AIO cooler and I'm not sure where to plug the pump in vs the fans. I'm assuming that I want the pump running 100% and the fans controlled by the board?

It's the AC Liquid Freezer 360 but I'm only using 3 fans in the pull configuration. It has a 3pin plug off of the pump and a 4pin for the fans. The board I have is older, Asus P8Z68. It's my first AIO so be gentle.

20180617_104540.jpg

20180617_105059.jpg

doesn't matter where you plug them, just keep the pump at 100%. you can leave the fans at auto but you will most likely get fan spikes as it responds to the cpu temp or set a fan curve where they dont ramp up until a higher temp is reached. if you have something to control them from within windows it will make it easy/faster, like if asus suite has fan control or something like speedfan.

doesn't matter where you plug them, just keep the pump at 100%. you can leave the fans at auto but you will most likely get fan spikes as it responds to the cpu temp or set a fan curve where they dont ramp up until a higher temp is reached. if you have something to control them from within windows it will make it easy/faster, like if asus suite has fan control or something like speedfan.

Thanks! I'll finish assembling it tomorrow and see what kind is fan controller software Asus offers.

even if the bios has fan control you can use that. basically what you need to do is leave it at auto fans for now(spin up wont matter), use something to monitor temps, use the system for normal desktop use and find the max temp(not including bootup, just desktop use). just above that will be where you start to increase min fan speed(~25%) from. then id manually set the fans to your desired max noise/rpm and stress your cpu to see what the temp is like. if its good set that as the max rpm temp point. if its hot youll need more rpm. if its really cool you can the lower your max rpm to save a bit more noise. i hope that make sense.

youll end up with something like this just with your temps/%/rpm

upload_2018-6-17_21-6-25.png

Last edited:
Screenshot 2018-06-18 15.11.02.png

Well...

Getting some variations in temps, ambient temp is about 22C. I ran a bunch of temp monitors for while using CPU-Z to stress the CPU for 15min. Asus AI doesn't seem to be showing the same temps as the others, SpeedFan is completely off. I am doing a slight overclock, letting the bios take care of the heavy work, I selected the "Optimal" setting and am getting about 4.43ghz.

Here is the temps after 15 min, seems to hover around 50C.

Screenshot 2018-06-18 15.40.03.png

Idle temp seems to be about 29C, stress temp around 52C.

Bios does allow CPU fan settings, these are the stock settings.

2018-06-18 15.53.27.jpg

Last edited:
temp looks good. if the fan isn't spinning up and down id leave it. if it is then id increase the lower temp to like 40c. the aio will handle the normal brief ups and downs in cpu temp without the fans needing to ramp up.

Back