Absolutely /insane/ Portal viral campaign - Portal 2 / Ep3 imminent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

finalgt

Supreme [H]ardness
So, Valve covertly added one more achievement to Portal's achievement listings: "Transmission Received."

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/Portal/achievements/

So far, 0% have gotten it. However, the plot thickens:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/b7yx3/mystery_achievement_added_to_portal_patch_notes/

Leave it to Valve to come up with something that absurdly complex. The start of it is this:

Radios now appear throughout the game and have red lights on the front; when you bring them to particular locations, they turn green, count toward X/26 of the new "Transmission Received" achievement, and play a sound, either morse code or apparently random beeps. Sound files are in the portal content.gcf, files portal/sound/ambient/dinosaur##.wav

Which leads to this:

Morse Code Translations:
1 "interior transmission active external data line active message digest active"
2 "9e107d9d372bb6826bd81d3542a419d6" which is a md5 has which translates to "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" (contains all letter of the alphabet, note that there are 26 letters in the alphabet as well as 26 radios)
3 "System data dump active User back up active Password back up active"
4 "beep beeeep beep beep beeeep beeeep beeeep beep beeeep beep beep" = .-.. --- .-.. = LOL

Not only that, but the sound files also turn up images when run through a spectrograph...read the Reddit thread for all of the stuff they're finding here. It's stunning to think that Valve thought of all of this, and possibly even moreso that users are discovering what it's all about as quickly as they are.

There's also a code that leads to a number that leads to a BBS that leads to more images...my brain hurts.

Shit, so I have. Well...Jesus! Why the hell aren't more people posting in that?! I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS!

(closing thread lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back