A.2ZS or on board

Nickbaldwin86

2[H]4U
Wondering what is better a:

PCI Audigy 2 ZS

Or

On board audio on my EVGA X58 E758

I have the sound card already but don't want to waste my time if the on board is better

Is it going to just be a waste of space in my case?

est

Thanks
Nick

Try both out.

What would the onboard/soundcard be hooked up to?

The audigy 2 sounds better than the onboard soundcard.
Use the audigy 2 zs with the daniel_K modified drivers (audigy support pack).

head phones most the time (gaming)

but I do run a 5.1 Logitech system (entertainment), nothing crazy but it pushes the bass :D

You have both, try both.

Logitech bass is...well...bloopy and very distorted, constrained, weak. Loud noises don't mean it sounds anything like the original signal.

The audigy 2 sounds better than the onboard soundcard.
Use the audigy 2 zs with the daniel_K modified drivers (audigy support pack).

+1. Daniel_K's drivers are the only ones I trust. Creative has lost all respect from me in regards to software.

You have both, try both.

Logitech bass is...well...bloopy and very distorted, constrained, weak. Loud noises don't mean it sounds anything like the original signal.

I think the word your looking for is "boomy" It doesn't hit hard, it's just loud and hollow.
I have the Z-5500 right now, I wish i could replace the sub, kind of regretting not going with a nicer setup.

I'd probably go with the A2ZS since it'll give you DDL and let you run the speakers via digital (not sure if your onboard can handle this, but I know the A2ZS can do it) and headphones via the analog stereo output

as a few have said though: daniel_K drivers plox (afaik they include the DDL functionality, but I'm not sure (I know this was a point of conflict some time ago, because Dolby doesn't like not being paid))

Back