4 gigs of ram ok, or should I spring for 8?

Falling Anvil

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey all,

I have this 4 gig set of Crucial Ballistix I bought as a shell shocker way back early this year in anticipation of an imminent new build. As you can tell, it's a 1.65v set, but I was assured that you could run it at 1.5v. However, that build never happened then, but I'm reealll close to ordering now. Anyways, now with the current non-secret "Black Friday" sale, there's this 8 gb set of 1.5v G.skill I can get. My question is now, should I buy the G.Skill RAM and hawk off the Ballistix for like 20 bucks or something? I should be able to run the Ballistix, but it seems like I'd be better served by the G.skill, although I'm pretty sure I won't need the extra 4 gigs since I'll mostly only be doing gaming and general purpose computing with this new build.

I haven't done the whole build question set as I don't have my other parts mapped out yet, but I figure I'll get cracking with them if need be though. :)

I recommend selling the Ballistix -- but only because they're at 1.65V. Why run the risk?

Go ahead and jump on that "super-secret" deal on the G.Skill RAM.

It's actually not a "super secret" deal from what I can tell since it's going on now and not the early morning of the 25th, though it's not on Newegg's BF list either. Strange.

Oh yeah, and since I herp a derped when I was typing up my initial post I should tell you all now that I'm intending on going for an P67/Z68 and i5 2500k build, in case I wasn't too clear on that.

Back