1905 vs 2005FPW Dilemma

fibroptikl

Supreme [H]ardness
It was my birthday yesterday and my parents took me to Best Buy, with the intent of buying me something. I wanted two CRT monitors for my computer. They wanted to get me a nice LCD. Best Buy didn't have any I liked.

I looked at the 1905, but think I'd prefer a 2005.

My parents will spend $450 or so, so I'm tempted to just get 2 2005FP's and pick up the $100 on the other one.

If I do not like them, or if they have dead pixels how is the return policy in the US.

Additionally has anyone seen the 2005 cheaper than $549 lately?

The cheapest i've seen them is $549 @Dell Small Business.

I have seen some deals in the past of around 540 at best.

I ordered mine a few days ago. I will post some pics in the next few days or when I get it.

jay

Thanks. I guess I'm probably gonna go forward with the 2005FPW.

Unless I get major objection's.

CRXican said:
Don't waste money on the 19"

Get the 2001FP or the 2005FPW
That's what I'm planning to do.

However, can a 6600GT PCI-Express power a 2005FPW, due to it's different resolution? I'd figure for a video card that's brand new it shouldn't have any problems.

Yes I own a 2005 and have run it on a single 6600gt with out issue. It will jump down in res somtimes on inital resolution setups in game but a reboot will rectify . (driver issue when not in sli)

I've been reading up on these, and I'm not thorougly impressed.

Backlighting, dead pixels, bleeding, etc and it seems to be plauged with them.

While I know it is acceptable to have a few of these problems, but with the large amount of complaints, I'm not too impressed.

I'm not too into spending nearly $600 for a display, only to have tint issues, bleeding, backlighting, dead pixels.

fibroptikl said:
I've been reading up on these, and I'm not thorougly impressed.

Backlighting, dead pixels, bleeding, etc and it seems to be plauged with it.

While I know it is acceptable to have those problems, but with the large amount of complaints, I'm not too impressed.

I just got one of the new Feb. Rev A01 makes. A slight backlighing issue. Uno dead pixel. Had to look for it. In fact i can't even find it right now. But nothing thats so bad it ruins the monitor. I Love this Monitor. I would buy one again for second display if I had the money.

jay

Do the Apple Cinema Displays have problems with backlights/dead pixels? I'm still between the 2005fpw or the 20in ACD.

jbird239 said:
I just got one of the new Feb. Rev A01 makes. A slight backlighing issue. Uno dead pixel. Had to look for it. In fact i can't even find it right now. But nothing thats so bad it ruins the monitor. I Love this Monitor. I would buy one again for second display if I had the money.

jay
I guess I'm a little more concerned about what $549 gets me.

What does a "backlighting" issue look like?

Imagine a dark greyish screen (not true black), and imagine faint but noticeable white emissions coming from the top and bottom of the screen.

All LCDs suffer from this problem, so some extent, but I can personally say that the 2005FPWs are pretty bad when viewing a full black screen.

xonik said:
Imagine a dark greyish screen (not true black), and imagine faint but noticeable white emissions coming from the top and bottom of the screen.

All LCDs suffer from this problem, so some extent, but I can personally say that the 2005FPWs are pretty bad when viewing a full black screen.

Ok. I'm at a black desktop. Have a few thing running right not and some icons. The back light issue is hardly noticable at all. If i hadn't ever seen this forum I would never know it was ever a issue. In fact why the hell would stare at a completly black screen!?!?!?! I started up a movie we had out on the network. The movie dvd was made in ultra wide mode where black was at the top and bottom of the screen. Did I notice the ever so slight bleeding at the top of the screen? NO. I didn't notice it because it was hardly there at all and I was watching a movie. Not imperfections in my new dispaly. Maybe some of the screen of the first Rev. weren't so great. I don't' know. I don't have one. I do know that Dell sent me a Feb RevA01 and it rocks my sack. No doubt. If you like to cry, moan and look for things wrong with anything, then I'm sure you can find something wrong w/this work of art that Dell offers at a hell of a price. In fact I'm sure you can find somthing wrong w/a new BMW or Lambo FFS. But I will stand by my word that this monitor kick A$$. I have to hold two jobs to have nice things like this. I would have a reason to be pissed if this monitor blew my nutz. If you want to get this screen now is the time. The sale will be gone on Wednsday. Do what you want. But I know what I would again.

jay

jbird239 said:
Ok. I'm at a black desktop. Have a few thing running right not and some icons. The back light issue is hardly noticable at all. If i hadn't ever seen this forum I would never know it was ever a issue. In fact why the hell would stare at a completly black screen!?!?!?! I started up a movie we had out on the network. The movie dvd was made in ultra wide mode where black was at the top and bottom of the screen. Did I notice the ever so slight bleeding at the top of the screen? NO. I didn't notice it because it was hardly there at all and I was watching a movie. Not imperfections in my new dispaly. Maybe some of the screen of the first Rev. weren't so great. I don't' know. I don't have one. I do know that Dell sent me a Feb RevA01 and it rocks my sack. No doubt. If you like to cry, moan and look for things wrong with anything, then I'm sure you can find something wrong w/this work of art that Dell offers at a hell of a price. In fact I'm sure you can find somthing wrong w/a new BMW or Lambo FFS. But I will stand by my word that this monitor kick A$$. I have to hold two jobs to have nice things like this. I would have a reason to be pissed if this monitor blew my nutz. If you want to get this screen now is the time. The sale will be gone on Wednsday. Do what you want. But I know what I would again.

jay
Thing is, I'm not really looking for the problems, the problems are coming to me.

Well, I've done some readings and it appears to me that I will buy 2 of the 2005FPW's. I'll buy them in a week or two, perhaps three, so I'll probably get a more current one with lesser problems.

If there is one really bad that I do not like, I can return.

Here is a pic of the back light issues w/my Feb. Rev A01 Made in Mexico
Looks like they may be making these panels a little better now. I would wait till the next special comes around and then order one if you already haven't ordered something else or one of these already. BTW only one dead pixel. It took my a few minutes to even find it.

jay
Feb%20REV%20A01.jpg

Back