The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

My contribution to the Type 2 diabetes line of conversation... If I could go back in time and tell my younger self what I know now, I would definitely have made different life choices. I have to take Metformin, Glipizide, Farxiga AND Ozempic. I have neuropathy in my feet (the pain kind, not the numb kind), my eyesight is awful and I have to get an injection in one of my eyes... Every. Frakking. Month.

My contribution to the Type 2 diabetes line of conversation... If I could go back in time and tell my younger self what I know now, I would definitely have made different life choices. I have to take Metformin, Glipizide, Farxiga AND Ozempic. I have neuropathy in my feet (the pain kind, not the numb kind), my eyesight is awful and I have to get an injection in one of my eyes... Every. Frakking. Month.
I would have told my older self, "I'll drink to that" and had six more. I might have asked for stock tips before lighting up one kind of smoke or another. I am in the Metformin club myself. The exercise is hell but I have dropped my morning tests to very low.

I would have told myself to go easy on the Krispy Kremes and that it wasn't a competition to see who could eat a hot and fresh box first. I also would have told myself to stay away from carbs from an earlier age so I could have staved it off even longer where it might have hit me at 40 vs 35. But with a family history of diabetes on both sides of my family for 2 generations, I should have been better at seeing the writing on the wall when I was younger...

First generation iPad Air Wi-Fi model A1474 (from 2013 era). In good condition, sat in a case with a screen protector on it for most its life, but you can definitely feel the age of the processor and the number of incompatible apps that don't work on iOS 12 anymore.

However!

This iPad has an activation lock on it. It belonged to my ex originally. I had my iCloud associated with it, I removed the device from my iCloud, but to my surprise when I did a factory reset, it linked it to her info.

Whether you want this for parts or a chopping board, just pay shipping and its yours. Alternatively you can try reaching out to get them to remove it from their account, but YMMV.

First generation iPad Air Wi-Fi model A1474 (from 2013 era). In good condition, sat in a case with a screen protector on it for most its life, but you can definitely feel the age of the processor and the number of incompatible apps that don't work on iOS 12 anymore.

However!

This iPad has an activation lock on it. It belonged to my ex originally. I had my iCloud associated with it, I removed the device from my iCloud, but to my surprise when I did a factory reset, it linked it to her info.

Whether you want this for parts or a chopping board, just pay shipping and its yours. Alternatively you can try reaching out to get them to remove it from their account, but YMMV.

Being that old they might unlock it without proof of purchase, but who knows with Apple.

Just submit through here:
https://al-support.apple.com/#/getsupport

Use the "Need additional support Start and Activation Lock Support Request" at the bottom.

Any chance someone has a triplicate of decently quick DDR3 laying around? I'm throwing together an X58 nostalgia build and RAM is the last thing on my checklist since I sold all mine years ago.

Edit: cheap 3x4GB 1866 kit popped up on eBay!

Last edited:
I have a fair to good condition Barnes and Noble NOOK model BNRV200 for cost of shipping. It comes with 16GB micro sd card and usb cable.

Attachments

• IMG_2954.JPG
    IMG_2954.JPG
    373.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2957.JPG
    IMG_2957.JPG
    620 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2958.JPG
    IMG_2958.JPG
    472.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Surface Pro 4 with a dead pixel and light screen bleeding near bottom right. Specs are: intel m3-6y30, 4gb ram, 128gb storage. Comes with type cover and charger. Battery health is over 80%.

$15 ($10 shipping + $5 food)

Only accepting Zelle.

EDIT: gone to CAD4466HK

Attachments

• PXL_20240312_223819042.jpg
    PXL_20240312_223819042.jpg
    586.9 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240312_223846755.jpg
    PXL_20240312_223846755.jpg
    685.7 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240312_223918266.jpg
    PXL_20240312_223918266.jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240228_163937132.jpg
    PXL_20240228_163937132.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
ISO a microatx AM2+ or AM3 motherboard. I have spent far too many hours trying to figure out what is wrong with the one I have here, including replacing some capacitors, but I give up. If anyone has one, I would appreciate it.

any chance anyone else has some ddr4 sodimms, i missed the last guy. Got a few laptops for my brothers kids that could use a boost.

New, sealed. Shoot me your info if interested. I'll ship it out free. You donate whatever you desire to this board.

Attachments

• PXL_20240318_040051015.jpg
    PXL_20240318_040051015.jpg
    788.8 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240318_040102352.jpg
    PXL_20240318_040102352.jpg
    765.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Any chance someone has 8GB (4GB x 2) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333 RAM they don't need anymore?

Any chance someone has 8GB (4GB x 2) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333 RAM they don't need anymore?
I have some samsung M471B5273CH0-CH9, not sure it'll be any cheaper for me to ship than for you to buy on ebay to be honest. They came out of a mini-pc (that I happened to buy on here) that I upgraded to 16gb. Last booted about 2 or 3 months ago with this ram, so it's fairly recent pull. PM me and let me know about where you are so I can see if it's worth it to ship.

I have some samsung M471B5273CH0-CH9, not sure it'll be any cheaper for me to ship than for you to buy on ebay to be honest. They came out of a mini-pc (that I happened to buy on here) that I upgraded to 16gb. Last booted about 2 or 3 months ago with this ram, so it's fairly recent pull. PM me and let me know about where you are so I can see if it's worth it to ship.
This is what I typically find for small, old items like this. It's as cheap on ebay as to ship.

Anyone need old jetpacks? (2) Verizon MiFi 8800L / (1) Verizon Aircard AC791L. No sim cards or chargers.

I also have a defective Antec Truepower 1200w from 2010 ... I was using it in a TrueNAS setup but it kept powering itself off after a few hrs. I think I have the original box and modular cables. Idk what it would cost to ship, but if you're the type that thinks you could cheaply/easily fix it up...

Figured I'd check with the group before recycling this stuff.

Last edited:
This is what I typically find for small, old items like this. It's as cheap on ebay as to ship.

I would argue that I * personally * feel more secure getting things from sellers here on the [H] as opposed to eBay, all other things being equal. Most folks here seem to have respect for their hardware, and not only take care of it, but pack it well so that it arrives safely. All of this is a crapshoot with eBay sellers.

I would argue that I * personally * feel more secure getting things from sellers here on the [H] as opposed to eBay, all other things being equal. Most folks here seem to have respect for their hardware, and not only take care of it, but pack it well so that it arrives safely. All of this is a crapshoot with eBay sellers.
I don't disagree, but in this case you're asking someone to take time out of their day to do something for you vs. hitting an ebay listing where the cost of business is built in. So, in my view, if you can get it for the cost of shipping on ebay, it's more merciful to get it there.

Back