Looking for "Fastest" MMORPG

Ok, notice the quotes. MMORPG and fastest doesn't really go together, but what I'm trying to say is a game where you the story moves fast and you're not worried about the level until later. Like from Lv 10 and up, you're doing quests until Lv 15. Then you go to another place, quest, then another place, quest. And after you're done with everything, you will be Level 25 where you go and fight on your own.

Guild Wars (not technically an MMO, but it's most like what you're describing)

Yeah Guild wars gets you to the max level pretty fast but it's heavily instanced which kept me away from it.

Instancing is where a certain level or area of a game can only allow a few people playing at once, and when that number is reached a new instance of the same area is created, all new people go to the 2nd instance until that is full etc

It just means you're playing with only a handful of people rather than with everyone which to me defeats the points of an MMO which is to have lots of people together.

If you like PvP you can do that early on in Warhammer Online, theres PvP fighting built into it from level 1 so rather than feeling like you have to hit max level before that stuff becomes viable, it's simple viable from level 1, you might want to look that up.

Oh yea, that is kinda dumb. Its harder to find your friends.

Well, I've played Guild Wars. I'm trying to find other stuff to play. Considering FFXI but there aren't a lot of people on anymore.

It just means you're playing with only a handful of people rather than with everyone which to me defeats the points of an MMO which is to have lots of people together.
... oh and like soloing in WoW?

^^^

That's something I've been wondering; Is there an MMO that gives the leveling a feel more like Everquest? I didn't like that every class is meant to solo from 1-max in World of Warcraft.

WoW is one of the fastest solo MMOs that still has a ton of content available. If you're heavily into Player vs Player combat (or Realm vs Realm, not free for all style), then Warhammer Online is another great game. You level fairly quickly and ever 10 levels (40 max "normal" levels and 80 total "realm ranks" you get for PVPing) you move into a new tier of content, which gets grander. If you'd like a trial key for either please let me know.

Can level fairly quick in EQ2 also...timorous deeps takes less than 5-10 hours to go to level 21-22 if you know what your doing.

Can level fairly quick in EQ2 also...timorous deeps takes less than 5-10 hours to go to level 21-22 if you know what your doing.

The biggest problem in EQ2 comes at levels 45+ till you get to raid levels imho. I rolled a druid and soloing was fairly easy, quested to 59 by myself without any trouble, but it was BOOOOORRRRIIIIIINNNGGG. There's no one around to do the group quests with, EQ2 is basically dead except for the jaded folks who keep raiding the end-game. Though there are enough of them to make SOE release new expansions, so I suppose it works.

I happen to like EQ2 its a really nice stable game. You can lvl up pretty easily too.
Regards

Damian

Guild Wars is one of the best PC games of all time. I am 100% serious.

Do you like PVP? Let me rephrase that. Do you play MMOs for the PVP or the story? If you play for the PVP, than Shadowbane is the fastest game to level up. Level cap is 75. You can hit level 70 in a day. The game used to be pay to play, but after another company bought the game, it's not free to play (and without an item shop). It's one of the first games that had siege warfare PVP where you take down enemy castles. The endgame is expanding your empire's land, which happens when you "bane" an enemy castle. The "bane" is basically a countdown that used to be 24 hours (IIRC). Once you bane a castle, you can't get rid of it. The countdown is a way to let the guild know in advance that your castle will be open for attack after the timer is up. After that it's purely unadulterated PVP. Winner takes the castle.

It's also dual class. There're endless possibilities. Want to be a flying vampire ninja? Well you can. Want to be a werebear that throws axes? You can be that too. Want to be a demon that stealths and uses necromancy? Got that.

Do you like PVP? Let me rephrase that. Do you play MMOs for the PVP or the story? If you play for the PVP, than Shadowbane is the fastest game to level up. Level cap is 75. You can hit level 70 in a day. The game used to be pay to play, but after another company bought the game, it's not free to play (and without an item shop). It's one of the first games that had siege warfare PVP where you take down enemy castles. The endgame is expanding your empire's land, which happens when you "bane" an enemy castle. The "bane" is basically a countdown that used to be 24 hours (IIRC). Once you bane a castle, you can't get rid of it. The countdown is a way to let the guild know in advance that your castle will be open for attack after the timer is up. After that it's purely unadulterated PVP. Winner takes the castle.

It's also dual class. There're endless possibilities. Want to be a flying vampire ninja? Well you can. Want to be a werebear that throws axes? You can be that too. Want to be a demon that stealths and uses necromancy? Got that.

Shadowsbane was indeed quality pvp. Too bad they never followed up and make a sequel

there arent many options buddy. every big mmorpg except for wow has basically failed. there is wow and then some small niche players like eve and... eve

WoW is pretty fast now, if you haven't tried it lately, but I'd hesitate to say it's the storyline..... as a lot of the quests are just quests that are awfully similar to the last ones you just did.

Still, you could definitely get a Hunter to 60 in just over 3 days played, and to 80 in under 9 days played.

WoW is pretty fast now, if you haven't tried it lately, but I'd hesitate to say it's the storyline..... as a lot of the quests are just quests that are awfully similar to the last ones you just did.

Still, you could definitely get a Hunter to 60 in just over 3 days played, and to 80 in under 9 days played.

Yeah I know a guy who went from 55 to 80 in about 3 days played. It's definitely alot faster then it used to be. As far as story goes, I think they did the story the best in northrend.

So for someone playing 5-10 hours a week (an average gamer), it would take 5 to 10 months for them to hit 80, and that's not figuring in learning curve for brand new players.

Considering FFXI but there aren't a lot of people on anymore.

Fast and FFXI are never to be put in the same sentence. FFXI = Grinding grind in a grinder grinding grind

Warhammer Online feels fast in leveling and there is always something going on. Since the server consolidation, things are feeling like launchtime in players around and about.

So for someone playing 5-10 hours a week (an average gamer), it would take 5 to 10 months for them to hit 80, and that's not figuring in learning curve for brand new players.

5 to 10 hours isn't really average for an MMO, though.

And if you're limited to 5-10 hours a week, why does it matter when you hit 80? You'll be doing hardly any end-game stuff going at that rate.

Back