Formula Boinc 2018 Strategy

Also if you have not set up a an account with Kings distributed to receive spark tokens go to the mining thread and find my post about how to use boinc to get them. They are basically free tokens for contributing to boinc

Collatz requires a code. The code is spammerssuck

Just a heads up... Depending on how well FB is managed by Seb this year will heavily impact whether I give it much attention next year. Every year leading up to this has had major problems that affect the fun factor for me. So, here is to hoping that ChristianVirtual finds a lot of spare time to get hard-dc ready for prime time or possibly DC-Vault renewed to rekindle some of the year round fun. Otherwise I will probably just focus on soloing, Pentathlon, and WCG challenges.

In other news, my AMD 2P has recently been shutting itself down randomly. I thought it might have been a failing HDD (not my primary) that was BURST mining related. Ended up being the GPU causing it but I never saw a blue screen. Not only was it BOINC using the GPU, but specifically PrimeGrid PPS sieve. Amicable Numbers and Collatz has ran perfectly fine so far. Not sure what may have changed unless the card is just starting to show signs of its age. I will slowly add the other GPU projects back into que one at a time to weed out any others that it may not like. And that was my 780.

Adding leagues to DC-Vault wouldn't make it anymore exciting than it already isn't. Moving up in the ranks takes months or more.

Even the Formula-BOINC is slow and could take weeks and maybe even months to gain spots in the individual project ranks, but with the addition of the 3-day sprints moving up(or down) the overall league rankings could happen during the sprint.

I really just don't think it's possible to add any kind of excitement to the dc-vault with it's current point system. It's literally for the lifetime of the project and/or team.

Like pututu mentioned in another thread, POGS will be ending at some point this year. No word yet on when as most of the info has been leaking from duchamp Source Finder (Sam the admin). I'm normally a bit bitter about POGS because of how they did us a few years back. However, for the sake of FB, we may want to bump our standings while we still can....

Paging fastgeek

Lets take first on this. If theyre ending we dont need to give it to EVGA who's in first right now.

In visual perspective

upload_2018-3-10_11-42-27.png

For those watching the forums, EVGA is now focusing discussions in a Discord channel. More than likely they will continue their focus on the PrimeGrid challenge which starts in 3 days. It is CPU based, which will give us another day of POGS catch up before the first Sprint is announced. I am hoping it is a CPU project because EVGA will be torn on which way to go. More than likely they will hit PrimeGrid mostly with a few supporting the Sprint. Just my guess. If it is GPU based, then we will get to see what atp1916 can do with that GPU army. Just for his reference the project will be announced on the 21st so start watching our posts late on the 20th for potential bunkering. If you haven't mastered bunkering yet, please have a read here and ask quetions - https://hardforum.com/threads/bunkering-why-you-should-or-should-not-do-it.1829159/

Well we need more people throwing hardware at this as EVGA is still out producing us by a good bit.

BTW, my newly upgraded E5-4669v3 rig is in the top 10 hosts for POGs. It runs about 190W from the wall.

I think it will get bumped down by phoenicis TR rigs & 7960X soon...

upload_2018-3-12_22-3-18.png

Cheers Skillz and pututu. I can rarely resist a team push although it's been interesting to play around with BOINC projects that I didn't crunch much last year.

I'm always lurking in the background but just continue to be extremely time poor. Currently in the middle of an arduous 10 month work project ..... I've got to earn the pennies to pay for all the kit and electricity!

Great to see that we're doing well in FB and I'm looking forward to us testing our metal in the sprints.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Just saw this. And, who, me??? :angelic:

OK, OK. Know I said I wasn't really interested... but if it's for the team and all. :pompous:

BTW, am sulking a little as I'll be losing some of "my" 2P Xeon Skylake boxes. (Things are starting to shift, so the supply will come/go from here on out) Then again, there are several other Bridge/Well 2P and 4P systems in here that aren't online ATM... so will try and fix that over the next few days.

And here I am just adding a few ARM cores here and there...lol. Glad you guys have access to such equipment and can put it to good use.

As a FYI, i will be bringing:

15 1070
38 1070 Ti
2 1080

Here is the list of GPU projects i've gotten so far. I am loading up, looking for more.

sss.png

Last edited:
Wow, if my math is correct, that's 784 threads and 55 GPUs combined.

Just wait until he puts all of that on Collatz.............................................. We will have to make sure to get all of his config files set up for the explosion.

Somehow that link didn't work. Here is today's snapshot for top hosts.

upload_2018-3-14_13-4-1.png

To be fair they've only been switched over to TSN/Pogs for a little over 14 hours; and some of them still had WCG WU's to finish. Give them a few days. :)

Ah. Well... that aside... he's certainly welcome here. ;) :p

Am up to 51K RAC on Skynet and just added this system to the mix; will see about a few more tomorrow.

• Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-4640 v4 @ 2.10GHz [Family 6 Model 79 Stepping 1] (96 processors)

Holy dear sweet digital Jesus. :jawdrop: Are those cards you personal property? Or do you have engineering stock like me?

All mine. Pun intended. ha :D

I do need to get set up for Collatz. Perhaps get that done over the weekend.

All the rigs are fully synced via BoincTasks / Toolbox.

Edit - Looks like 'spammerssuck' inv code for Collatz is old - asking the admins for the new one.

Last edited:
So I've charged up to 8th in individual RAC and the Team is in 4th. Hopefully a few people are wondering WTF is going on. ;)

Had to go find that stat; per Free-DC you're right. Cool. :) Was hoping to get the quad E7-8867 box online today, along with a couple more 2P Skylakes and a few other things, but didn't have time today. Seeing how tomorrow is Friday I'll do my damnedest to make it happen for the weekend. :D

Back