Fear me

SmokeRngs

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2008
I know some of you have seen me recently pop up on your radar for threats. The addition of a [email protected] has been the cause of that.

However, now you have a real reason to worry (at least some of you). I now have my second Q6600 in. I'm doing some overclock and stress tests on it and it should be producing by tomorrow. :D Here I come 10k PPD.

I don't see you in my rearview mirror at all....All I can see is some mysterious cloud of dust up the road a bit :(

I do not fear you but WRat, FuSoYa, shabazkilla, APOLLO, and now CatBoxer are now on my $hitlist because they are too awesome for me.

Congrats SmokeRngs on the new boxen. :)

Hope you put out some serious heat on all the rest of us!!

Some nice folding boxes you have there. Unfortunately I don't see any new boxes for me on the horizon so I will just have to putter along behind you with my current gear... :D

Yawn ....... :p

Wharf Rats the only one in my rear view mirror but not for long.
I'm aiming for 4x that PpD from 2 kW/h power used.

I'll be interested to see what my new blade will do in terms of PpDpW.
I'm hopeing for ~4k PpD from ~160 watts used.

Luck ........... :D

Some nice folding boxes you have there. Unfortunately I don't see any new boxes for me on the horizon so I will just have to putter along behind you with my current gear... :D

Trust me, I know the feeling of not being able to get new boxen. I was so damn happy when I was able to get my E6400 a little over a year ago. Then I ran into a deal too good to pass up for the X2 4000+. That was a nice little bump in production. I was then hellbent on getting a Q6600 for my main rig as I was building a new one and I did. My friend needed to save some money on his recent build so I sold him my E6400 at a $50 savings over an E6550. I put that money with some extra towards another Q6600 to replace the E6400. I think we both made out good on that deal.

I've just been lucky lately and I'm glad for it. This is the closest I've ever been in regards to being a "powerhouse" for folding on the team. It feels good. I'm just hoping I can add one or two more quads before the year is over. It will be nice if I can do so.

Putter along my pale white @$$ :p

the hell kind of puttering is that....we both just passed 500k within a day of each other and you're already 70k up on me :p

I know some of you have seen me recently pop up on your radar for threats. The addition of a [email protected] has been the cause of that.

However, now you have a real reason to worry (at least some of you). I now have my second Q6600 in. I'm doing some overclock and stress tests on it and it should be producing by tomorrow. :D Here I come 10k PPD.

Cool! :cool:

That is some nice gear!

Congratulations!

Very nice - you should pop onto my radar real fast when that second quad start cranking out some points.

Yeah, but isn't WRat pwning you by 6k right now ?

Yes.

But ...........
If this new system can do ~4k PpD from ~160 watts used then I'm swopping out my E6600 boxen for more like that.
The aim is to get the whole farm above the magic 20 Points per Watt mark.
And I'll still hope to use around 2 kW/h.
That should put me a little ahead in PpD.

Unless Wharf Rats ramps a bit too.

Luck .......... :D

I was looking for ya...scrolled back a page or two...

;)

j/k 'grats on the new box Smoke!

Unfortunately the original thread seems to be lost.

For those that didn’t know SmokeRings started selling himself off as a manwhore a while back just for the few extra points it might buy him.

Although to the best of my knowledge he has not given up that trade it would appear he now no longer drinks or smokes, all for the sake of the cause.

For one man to give up so many wonderful vices is all but inconceivable but God bless him he’s done it.

We can all take a lesson from this fine young man’s example, yes we can.;):p

Unfortunately the original thread seems to be lost.

For those that didn’t know SmokeRings started selling himself off as a manwhore a while back just for the few extra points it might buy him.

Although to the best of my knowledge he has not given up that trade it would appear he now no longer drinks or smokes, all for the sake of the cause.

For one man to give up so many wonderful vices is all but inconceivable but God bless him he’s done it.

We can all take a lesson from this fine young man’s example, yes we can.;):p

Actually, I had to give it up for a while. A certain female didn't care too much for my manw[H]oring and made sure I couldn't practice my trade. However, that seems to be over with so I should be able to return to my duties. :D

Actually, I had to give it up for a while. A certain female didn't care too much for my manw[H]oring and made sure I couldn't practice my trade. However, that seems to be over with so I should be able to return to my duties. :D

Nothing screws up a good hobby like a woman. ;)

Caution: Pentium 2 Gateways overrun with SPAM don't borg well.

I Think it is a C2D. It replaced the system I built for them years ago. You would not have been far off about a year ago.

Nothing screws up a good hobby like a woman. ;)

Not to be corrective, but take that one step further into the realm of logic.

“Nothing screws up a good relationship like another woman” ~me;)

I'm back up and firing on all 6 Q6660s, but why I'm not breaking 10k PPD is beyond me. They are all running SMP and I have a 2.3GHz X2 and a 3GHZ P4 working too. POINTS!?!

I'm back up and firing on all 6 Q6660s, but why I'm not breaking 10k PPD is beyond me. They are all running SMP and I have a 2.3GHz X2 and a 3GHZ P4 working too. POINTS!?!
Are they processing P2653 WUs or other ones? The newer WUs result in far lower PPD, that could be the reason.

Oh Sh&%t, always seems to take longer than expected
for the stats to show your ramp up. Be looking for ya coming
up in the rear view. Damn 6 nice :eek:

Back