Bluetooth or other Wireless DVD Drive?

Hey everyone,
I was recently wondering if anyone makes a bluetooth or any wireless technology external dvd drive. I was considering getting an ASUS EEEpc 701 to mess around with and use on trips but would like a way of playing dvd movies. If bluetooth I could put the drive in my bag while I am using the laptop. It would be so cool! Does anyone make anything like this?

Bluetooth has nowhere near the speed needed for streaming DVD's. Best bet is to get a USB one.

Yea thats what I figured. I just dont know how to use it when I am traveling. It would be nice if it could be mounted to the notebook.

If you want a laptop that you can use on trips to play DVDs, you may as well just look into getting a cheap sub-$500 Celeron-based unit. You can find them on sale occasionally, and for playing DVDs and other light tasks they'll do fine.

Yea. I liked the EEPC as kind of novelty Idea. I have a core 2 HP. and a p4 thinkpad. But that ASUS is just plain tiny.

If you just want to watch DVDs while traveling, one of the small 7-9" DVD players would be perfect. They are less than $100 now.

If you just want to watch DVDs while traveling, one of the small 7-9" DVD players would be perfect. They are less than $100 now.

oh yea i have one of those. its just that it would be cool to have a fully functional pc in such a small form factor.

I've got a very small form factor external drive. It's not wireless, but it's small, quiet, and only needs a USB cable to run (external power only necessary for speeds past 4x). I think it's a Samsung - check it out on Newegg!

Back