Asteroids@home attack update :-)

fastgeek

[H]ard|DCOTM x4 aka "That Company"
Figured I'd share here vs. cluttering up Skillz thread. *lol*

Not sure when I started in on this project again, but pretty sure it was Monday night or Tuesday morning as I didn't bother to immediately detach from Rosetta after the sprint was over. None the less, here's my report thus far:

• At 1045PST on 30MAY - 2,795,040 total credit and 0.10 RAC
  • At 1900PST on 01JUN - 5,647,200 total credit and 256,970.14 RAC
  • Seem to be going up around 100K credits/hour
  • Team has gone from 13th on the 30th to 6th as of ~10AM today (when I checked)
  • I'm guessing we'll be in 4th by Saturday morning, if not sooner. :)
BTW, am currently sitting on 7,022 WUs pending validation, which is potentially worth 3,370,560 credits. Also found a couple more boxes and fixed that quad E7 rig to be using all 128 cores/threads.

Oh, this might seem silly, but I'm really bummed that so many of these teams either don't have forums, or their forums are completely inactive. Would love to see if people are freaking out at all. :ROFLMAO::D

Wondering if you can take the no. 1 spot? The Czech is barely ahead of you on a daily credit.
upload_2017-6-1_20-15-12.png

Not to mention your "nemesis" Z-san in PG.....

Yeah..I had those concerns with other team forums too. Some are terribly set up and make it painful to even want to partake in. It is also one of the reasons many people don't join teams or get burned out and move on. For a long while, I was 90% of our teams activity. Thankfully, things have started getting more active, but it took some rattling of a few cages to do it. I like positive environments but I had to step on a few toes to get people to respond and quit whining about events that happened over a year ago. I may come across as a "prick" sometimes but there are reasons for it. My only fear right now is burning people out on too many challenges. It was overwhelming for some before and other teams that were real active and growing are beginning to feel the effects. EVGA has been. They were and still are trying to hit just about everything that pops up. Lately, less and less members have been posting and even some moved their rigs back to FAH or disappeared. It happens here too. Every couple of years the group seems to cycle.

My only fear right now is burning people out on too many challenges. It was overwhelming for some before and other teams that were real active and growing are beginning to feel the effects. EVGA has been. They were and still are trying to hit just about everything that pops up. Lately, less and less members have been posting and even some moved their rigs back to FAH or disappeared. It happens here too. Every couple of years the group seems to cycle.

I think you're right and that any more than FB, Boinc Pentathlon and the WCG challenge would probably lead to burn out. There's nothing wrong with challenges per se as long as we take the same approach as was taken for the Pentathlon whereby help was politely requested and the answer was gracefully accepted whether it was yes or no.

As to cycling, it happens but the tone of exchange is something the team should be proud of at the moment. I think I've only seen one adversarial post over entire the last month.

In short, I think it's a good environment to foster new and retain existing members with the main threat being this whole Gridcoin malarkey. I only came back to help with the Pentathlon but was then made to feel incredibly welcome (big mistake guys).

Back on topic, really nice work fastgeek!

Currently at 7,156,320 credits and 7,500+ pending WUs as of 1215PST.

No worries about having discussions about things in general; and thanks! :D

Burnout happens, no doubt. Happened to me a month or so ago. Too much going on and dealing with this DC stuff was just too much of a PITFA for me to be bothered with. However I've finally got my shit together and am using BOINC Stats for controlling all my systems for attaching/detaching from projects. This has certainly made my life easier when it comes to managing 10-20 systems! At the end of the day though, where people decide to spend their time/cycles is ultimately up to them. For instance, I already did a shit load of work on Amicable and have no desire to partake in that project anymore; as such I'm not taking part in the stress test. Same thing with other challenges. Don't get me wrong, I'm a competitive person, but some times it's a project I don't care about, or feel isn't worth the trouble. Some people might feel otherwise, and that's OK. :)

Oh, as for the other forums, the main thing I don't understand is how the hell are these people coordinating? Some of the team forum links shown on the FormulaBoinc page don't even exist. Very weird.

Oh, as for the other forums, the main thing I don't understand is how the hell are these people coordinating? Some of the team forum links shown on the FormulaBoinc page don't even exist. Very weird.

I was most disappointed to find that our main FB competitor's forum was closed down. Beating Heidelburg feels a little too much like shooting blindfolded and gagged fish in a barrel.

Maybe next year we'll get a little more inter team banter. OcUK and OC.net will probably be promoted to L1 but EVGA and TAAT are both relatively active on their forums and therefore available for dread/fear/freak out duty :D

Just added three more 2P E5-2640 V3 systems to the fray. One of these was being a very bad boxen; but hopefully the bios/firmware updates will help in that regard.

I thought I was the only one searching the web for our competitors commenting on the giant [H] BOINC team waking up finally. I've seen a few post commenting on it, but it's been from teams not in our league.

Next year I am hoping to have a couple 2P or 4P intel systems added to my army along with a few more GPUs. Hopefully we can dominate league 2 next year.

Using BAM! to control all my systems is a life saver. So is using BoincTasks. You should look into it fastgeek. You'll have to run it on the LAN all the systems are running on unless each one has it's own WAN IP address access and/or you can get creative with forwarding ports and what not.

Oh great; another thing to make my head hurt. :p I'll try to look into it soon. :) Thankfully all of these systems are in my lab (well, usually at least), so I can get to them as needed; most have IPMI, too.

BTW, +1M valid credits over 24H. :D

Well, this was the first year they moved teams around based on number of active team members. Previously it was based on total team RAC in November. So, we will either need more active members or more active "accounts" to get bumped up. I don't think we are ready to dominate league 1, so perhaps shooting for league 2 is best.

Its basically the same as the regular BOINC GUI client, only it allows you to connect to the systems all at once. So if you can connect to each system using the BOINC client then BoincTasks is easy to use. It'll even scan the network ip range and automatically add all the systems it finds.

Well, this was the first year they moved teams around based on number of active team members. Previously it was based on total team RAC in November. So, we will either need more active members or more active "accounts" to get bumped up. I don't think we are ready to dominate league 1, so perhaps shooting for league 2 is best.

I said league 2. :p

It also says whoever wins 1, 2 and 3 in league 3 will get moved to league 2 and whoever wins 1, 2 and 3 in league 2 will get bumped to league 1. Opposite for the last 3 placers in league 1 and 2.

Back