Someone plz help.....getting display signal cut off after windows loads.....display blanks out & reports "no signal" at windows login screen stage....

Plainman

Limp Gawd
My core i3 2100 system (Win 7 64bit Professional) had a Nvidia 210 (very old) graphics card in it. Since i use this only for business and internet etc I decided to lighten the load on the system and simplify by going with just the IGPU which the processor has (Intel HD Graphics 2000). I tried installing the INTEL HD Graphics 2000 driver but it wouldnt install at all....says this system doesnt meet the requirments for this installation, bec i thought i can boot to IGPU and try it out first and then uninstall the NVIDIA drivers and pull out the NV card. But it so seems the Intel Display Driver wont install when theres a DGPU card present. So i pulled out the card, faced a black screen did a few reboots..got a low res output working and installed the Intel Driver. After the install...it asked to reboot....the reboot does everything like windows loading screen etc but then instead of logon i get a No signal from the monitor. So monitor was triple checked and is just 3 months old and works perfect on other systems.

So back to this system and after a few dozen attempts its clear...when the INTEL graphics driver is installed it boots and then cuts of signal to the display once windows loads up. It does it only at that stage. So again i booted into safe mode and in safe mode i get perfect display and all that. I uninstalled this IGPU driver from device manager, closed the internet line, and rebooted and windows boots correctly to normal mode but with it self installing INTEL VGA drivers, but thats very rudimentary, the display is outputing 1080p and is razor sharp etc but movies stutter....some of my custom power options are missing...screen saver says it cant run bec no IGPU. Its running on NTEL VGA driver. Can someone help me with what i should do to get just the IGPU driver installed....short of reinstalling the whole OS with graphics drivers from scratch. Thanks in advance.

My core i3 2100 system (Win 7 64bit Professional) had a Nvidia 210 (very old) graphics card in it. Since i use this only for business and internet etc I decided to lighten the load on the system and simplify by going with just the IGPU which the processor has (Intel HD Graphics 2000). I tried installing the INTEL HD Graphics 2000 driver but it wouldnt install at all....says this system doesnt meet the requirments for this installation, bec i thought i can boot to IGPU and try it out first and then uninstall the NVIDIA drivers and pull out the NV card. But it so seems the Intel Display Driver wont install when theres a DGPU card present. So i pulled out the card, faced a black screen did a few reboots..got a low res output working and installed the Intel Driver. After the install...it asked to reboot....the reboot does everything like windows loading screen etc but then instead of logon i get a No signal from the monitor. So monitor was triple checked and is just 3 months old and works perfect on other systems.

So back to this system and after a few dozen attempts its clear...when the INTEL graphics driver is installed it boots and then cuts of signal to the display once windows loads up. It does it only at that stage. So again i booted into safe mode and in safe mode i get perfect display and all that. I uninstalled this IGPU driver from device manager, closed the internet line, and rebooted and windows boots correctly to normal mode but with it self installing INTEL VGA drivers, but thats very rudimentary, the display is outputing 1080p and is razor sharp etc but movies stutter....some of my custom power options are missing...screen saver says it cant run bec no IGPU. Its running on NTEL VGA driver. Can someone help me with what i should do to get just the IGPU driver installed....short of reinstalling the whole OS with graphics drivers from scratch. Thanks in advance.
Use DDU. Also the i3 2100 has a pretty weak GPU. It may struggle to do 1080p YT videos.

Did you attempt to install the proper package for your iGPU? The newest package available for Windows 7 doesn't support the HD 2000 series, as far as I know. 15.28 is the last version that has support for HD 2000.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/17608/intel-graphics-driver-for-windows-15-28.html

did you try another monitor? maybe it doesnt like whatever res its defaulting to....
(maybe its a dell and likes being a pita like my work desktop?)
windows drivers should be fine on this old thing. might also want to drop yt res to 720p, 1080 was hit and miss last time i tried with one of those igpus.

I'd think using the dGPU to handle graphics acceleration would actually improve performance vs. running it off of a Sandybridge iGPU. Removing the 210 might actually be a worse option in this case.

Those old intel integrated graphics haven't had new drivers in ages. So be sure to install the latest that supports it and your OS. It sounds like you just had either too new of a driver that no longer supports HD2000, or maybe it doesn't support Win7. I would just trust the drivers Armenius linked, see post above.

Once windows boots and the igpu display goes blank, it sounds like windows is loading the nVidia driver and switching to that display. But I am unclear what you are trying to convey is happening in your second paragraph. It only momentarily cuts out during post? Does it come back on? If so, when? If it's cutting out permanently, could be the driver isn't the correct one. Those HDxxxx video were always a pita from what I can recall, and support for them dropped in like 2012.

Sounds like you should put the old nvidia card back in.
If you have a spare hardrive, you might also try a windows 10 install. Good chance it has a built in driver that is sufficient to get it to work (this is if the display is going off after boot and staying off). If anything you could just test it to see if it works, keeps working after a boot, and if Win10 does or doesn't include a driver. If it works better, you might consider upgrading. Win10 is faster than Win7 on identical hardware. But this may not solve the fact that it cannot even play videos. To fix that I would be back to recommending you just reinstall the nVidia card. The 342.01 driver supports Windows 10 for the 210 card.

did you try another monitor? maybe it doesnt like whatever res its defaulting to....
(maybe its a dell and likes being a pita like my work desktop?)
windows drivers should be fine on this old thing. might also want to drop yt res to 720p, 1080 was hit and miss last time i tried with one of those igpus.

Hello Pendragon.....Yes i have acess to 3 monitors and it does the same thing everywhere. Right now is running on the same monitor as i type this. It doesnt blank out or glitch like it was doing with my GT210 card in (the main reason for pulling it out). The only thing is....its running on INTEL VGA graphics driver....which it self installs. If i again run the INTEL HD GRAPHICS 2000 driver ver 15.28.24 from the official Intel website...then after boot i get only a black screen.

Those old intel integrated graphics haven't had new drivers in ages. So be sure to install the latest that supports it and your OS. It sounds like you just had either too new of a driver that no longer supports HD2000, or maybe it doesn't support Win7. I would just trust the drivers Armenius linked, see post above.

Once windows boots and the igpu display goes blank, it sounds like windows is loading the nVidia driver and switching to that display. But I am unclear what you are trying to convey is happening in your second paragraph. It only momentarily cuts out during post? Does it come back on? If so, when? If it's cutting out permanently, could be the driver isn't the correct one. Those HDxxxx video were always a pita from what I can recall, and support for them dropped in like 2012.

Sounds like you should put the old nvidia card back in.
If you have a spare hardrive, you might also try a windows 10 install. Good chance it has a built in driver that is sufficient to get it to work (this is if the display is going off after boot and staying off). If anything you could just test it to see if it works, keeps working after a boot, and if Win10 does or doesn't include a driver. If it works better, you might consider upgrading. Win10 is faster than Win7 on identical hardware. But this may not solve the fact that it cannot even play videos. To fix that I would be back to recommending you just reinstall the nVidia card. The 342.01 driver supports Windows 10 for the 210 card.
HI GoodBoy..... It plays videos even now with only basic VGA driver showing up in the device manager under display adapters. Just the video is pixellated slightly and also fast moving scenes show that telltale stroby effect. Windows 10 doesnt want to install on this 6100 processor or maybe its my motherboard ASUS-P8H77-M. Is win 10 really compatible with this ?

the i3-6100 is compatible with Windows 10. But I would recommend that you grab the latest bios for the ASUS mobo and install it if you haven't already. Version 1306 was last they released and that was in 2014 sadly....
1661703744440.png

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/SupportOnly/P8H77-M/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Still, can't hurt to update that if its behind. Then try upgrading to win10 again. Go to the windows 10 website, see if you can click the link to upgrade OS. You might also need to find an old build of Windows 10, build 1511 is I believe the original release. Build 1709 might work as well. Once you get the initial upgrade completed, you can then upgrade the rest of the way to current build 21h2, if 21h2 isn't wanting to install. Are you trying to upgrade existing OS, or just doing a fresh install?

Back