Recommend a guide for undervolting 7800x3d?

Dreamerbydesign

Supreme [H]ardness
Greetings-

I am running a 7800x3d in a Fractal Terra, with axp90-53 hsf. Its actually running decent, but I know I could undervolt it and tweak it to run cooler without loosing too much performance. The problem is there are many guides and videos, and I am guessing some are outdated.

I am using a Asrock B650i PG Lightning motherboard, ddr5 6000 CL 30 ram.

Can someone recommend a guide they have used with good results?

Greetings-

I am running a 7800x3d in a Fractal Terra, with axp90-53 hsf. Its actually running decent, but I know I could undervolt it and tweak it to run cooler without loosing too much performance. The problem is there are many guides and videos, and I am guessing some are outdated.

I am using a Asrock B650i PG Lightning motherboard, ddr5 6000 CL 30 ram.

Can someone recommend a guide they have used with good results?
follow this video

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOYYHNGlLs

There is the short and lazy way, which involves simply enabling PBO and setting a -30 all core offset under Curve Optimizer and just going about your business / gaming. If you have random idle lockups and game crashes, back it down to -25, then -20, etc.. until stable.

The long and correct way is to systematically apply the negative offset to each core through many hours of running Corecycler and documenting what each core can handle.

Back in my 5800x days I spent a weekend doing the long way, it wasn't worth it.

My 7800x3D is perfectly fine at -20 all core an I just leave it there. Frankly this chip is so low power as it is its not made much a difference but its just something I like to do regardless. Had MUCH more of an impact on my 7900x.

Back