Is polaris ever going to sell at MSRP?

travm

2[H]4U
I didnt check US prices, but in Canada 570/580 are close to 150% of msrp. Stock is better these days, but prices still....

did this happen in the last 6 months? Prices have been rediculous for months. Just checked ebay, and used 470's are going for more than they sold for new, still.

This was right before AMD released Ryzen.
makes sense, i was literally a day or two away from buying a 570 about that time for 230 CAD, when all of a sudden DDR4 and 570s were out of stock, everywhere. Now i'm just annoyed. I dont want a 560..

makes sense, i was literally a day or two away from buying a 570 about that time for 230 CAD, when all of a sudden DDR4 and 570s were out of stock, everywhere. Now i'm just annoyed. I dont want a 560..

I wouldnt either. I usually see R9 390's for under $200 on craigslist from time to time. Id pay $239 tops for an 8gb 580, so instead i bought 1080s.

Crypto Mining is the culprit. While its died down from the days of not finding a single AMD GPU to buy near MSRP, I think prices are still notably higher than those $200 RX 580s (Or were they 480s? Can't remember.) with 8 GB of memory.

I so wished I brought one of those cards then....and the RAM....

when the rx580 first launched I got one for $219 on ebay for 8GB, I sold it for $350 a month or two later.

Yeah the price hikes are ridiculous. Paid $220 for my Sapphire R9 Fury brand new on Newegg earlier this year. I could easily sell it used now for a lot more than that.

Price's are going to remain stupidly high until the current cryptocurrency bubble pops.

Back