Installing Flash on Fedora Core 2?

Carlosinfl

Loves the juice
I am running a fresh install of Fedora Core 2 and need flash on my Firefox browser I am using.

When I come here to [H], that new flash on the top just throws me a pop up since I don't have flash installed.

I downloaded the flasg download called install_flash_player_7_linux.tar.gz and the file is located in

/home/downloads

Can someone please walk me through how I can install this flash utility to run on my Firefox browser so I don't have problems with websites that include flash :(

go here http://sluglug.ucsc.edu/macromedia/site_ucsc.html and download the rpm for Fedora core 2, then open a terminal:

1. Type in "su" and press enter
2. Type in your root password
3. Type cd /home/path to the downloaded rpm (This changes the directory to where flash is)
4. Type in "ls" this lists the contents of the current directoy, you should see flash in there
5. Type in rpm -Uvh flash-plugin-7.0.25-1.i386.rpm (You can use tab completeing to avoid typing it all )
6. Accept the agreement and it will install into all mozilla based browsers.
7. www.homestarrunner.com , laugh and enjoy flash in linux

extract the contents into the plugin dir of the browser you're using. I'm using firefox as well and installed it under /usr/local/firefox.

tar xvzf flash.tar.gz
cd flash/
mv *.* /usr/local/firefox/plugins

all done, don't even have to restart the browser.

Here is what I am doing and obviously not working out :confused:

I open a konsole window:

Code:
su
password
cd /home/carlwill/Downloads
ls <------------------[b]I can see the file called install_flash_player_7_linux.tar.gz[/b]
tar -zxf install_flash_player_7_linux.tar.gz
[root@localhost Downloads]# tar -zxf install_flash_player_7_linux.tar.gz

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

Flak Pyro said:
go here http://sluglug.ucsc.edu/macromedia/site_ucsc.html and download the rpm for Fedora core 2, then open a terminal:

1. Type in "su" and press enter
2. Type in your root password
3. Type cd /home/path to the downloaded rpm (This changes the directory to where flash is)
4. Type in "ls" this lists the contents of the current directoy, you should see flash in there
5. Type in rpm -Uvh flash-plugin-7.0.25-1.i386.rpm (You can use tab completeing to avoid typing it all )
6. Accept the agreement and it will install into all mozilla based browsers.
7. www.homestarrunner.com , laugh and enjoy flash in linux

^^^^^^

Back