FB 2017 strategy to overtake Gridcoin

I have never seen someone actually do this...

Was that put there already or did you manually do that? Did you get your client from WCG or did you get it from Berkeley?

It was already there. I don't remember which site I got it from. I thought it was Berkeley. A wiki suggests it is the default cc_config now.

upload_2017-8-29_10-43-15.png

hmm... will have to look into that. I don't think I have that version running on anything at the moment. I know the newer versions don't always like Windows 10....

hmm... will have to look into that. I don't think I have that version running on anything at the moment. I know the newer versions don't always like Windows 10....

I'm on Windows 10. Have had no problems with this version 7.6.33. No crashes, nothing weird. Sometimes if I update an app_config for #gpus the tasks don't update their status, but it still automatically runs the new number of tasks.

Yeah...that "bug" requires you to close out of the client and start it back up to fix. 7.6.33 isn't one I have trouble with. It is the newest builds from 7.7.x and 7.8.x that I had seen issues with. Don't recall which specifically but if I did a new install and got to the first time run section where it wants you to add a project, typically I would hit cancel so that I could go to advanced view and attach the account manager from there. Everything is happy until a restart. then the client tries to attach to a project again like it was the first time run. click cancel and all my projects are still there. Just annoying really. Revert to an older version and it works fine. So, haven't done a lot of testing on the latest builds simply because I don't have as much time to muck with them.

Just updated the first post to reflect the projects that [H] has shown some interest in pursuing for number one spot. If you plan to contribute, these are the projects that the team is wolfpacking.

BTW, can someone confirm if points credited before Dec 31st instead of Nov 30th will be counted in the final FB tally?

I think they reserve december for a tie run off.

Looks like they passed us back up. They are 3 points ahead again.

Yeah something is broken. We had 1069 points. No way we lost that many points that quickly.

We lost exactly 25 points. They lost 12 points.

I am going to be beyond pissed if they removed a project that we were in 1st and Gridcoin was in 4th. That's some bullshit.

Well after comparing the two. It seems the WCG Sprint is what got removed. It's the only project they're in 4th and we're in 1st in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe Gridcoin users paid FB off with all the money they are making crunching? :greedy::borg:

I think the FB point drop is due to some sort of brain fart at Quake Catcher Network where volunteers have lost 10s of thousands of credits including, unfortunately, our major contributor Gilthanis

Yeah.. I lost like 25% of my overall contribution. There is a thread over at QCN but the admins (new) aren't great at replying just yet. There is still a little disgruntlement from previous admin and the news ones to. Apparently, Carl is still clinging on to the idea that someone would want to pay him to continue working on QCN. The sister sites to QCN apparently aren't directly connected to the main project even though they filtered data back at one time. So those won't see the light of day for support. He spent a couple years just keeping the project up on minimums without pay. I think he just couldn't let it go.

Well that hurt us, but we should bounce back from it once we get 1st in PrimeGRID and Collatz.

Backup LHF project: Leiden classical. We should be able to get 3 points easily to get to the 3rd spot (if WUs are available), in case we are in a difficult position to gain the top spot.

Back