Cult of the Lamb

MavericK

Zero Cool
I didn't see any thread on this - really awesome game, it's sort of described as Hades meets Animal Crossing. Roguelike runs with town/base building mechanics in between.

If you get it, get it on PC - the console versions have a ton of bugs and issues.

I've been eying this one. I haven't completely decided whether to get it yet. The problem is, I usually play this sort of thing on my Switch, but I've heard the same thing that it needs a bit of patching. I generally only sit at the desktop game PC if it's a M+KB shooter type of thing. I typically have a living room computer which would be good for this, but I'm in the middle of building a new one right now, and the last of the parts don't arrive until Thursday. :D Maybe I'll grab this on Steam after that.

I've been eying this one. I haven't completely decided whether to get it yet. The problem is, I usually play this sort of thing on my Switch, but I've heard the same thing that it needs a bit of patching. I generally only sit at the desktop game PC if it's a M+KB shooter type of thing. I typically have a living room computer which would be good for this, but I'm in the middle of building a new one right now, and the last of the parts don't arrive until Thursday. :D Maybe I'll grab this on Steam after that.

Yeah, I would highly recommend against getting it on a console right now. I really wanted to like it on Switch but it was so buggy I had to stop playing. PC is not bug free but it's much, much better.

I bought this at release and played it for a bit. It's kind of a mishmash of a city builder and a Zelda style dungeon crawler. It's pretty enjoyable but the theme is all that holds it together. The main issue is it that each component is very basic and there are no real choices to make. There are only 4 or 5 weapons that can each have 1 of 4 or 5 modifiers. There are a good many cards (they grant passive effects) but there's no synergy (ala Binding of Isaac or Hades) so there are no builds to experiment with. You basically just use the best weapon that drops and try to stack health and/or damage. I've completed 3 of the 4 dungeons and have unlocked nearly everything so I haven't had much desire to finish it.

Your followers are just husks with a couple random modifiers that barely affect anything. They have no personality or purpose beyond doing resource generation/collection and giving a fetch quest every so often.

Last edited:
Bought this today finally! My daughter has been playing it all day. She’s got quite a following! Love it! I’m going to have to give it a whirl at some point. The combat looks fun, and plenty to do in between.

Developer Massive Monster says they will remove the game from sale on January 1 due to Unity's moronic pricing change for using their engine.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/cult-of-the-lamb/deleted

If anybody is out of the loop, Unity released an updated pricing structure for using their engine in a commercial product that would see a charge added for every installation of said product after it reaches a certain revenue threshold. The pricing structure change is retroactive and is up to USD $0.40 per installation. Unity has tried to provide further "explanation," accusing people of misinterpreting what they published.

Back