Back on line, finally

racercarl

Limp Gawd
Having gone away for christmas and my computer dying while i was gone I feel like i let the team down:(

With help from the forum, I got it part way back up but still not usable. It wont read the optical drives or accept input from the mouse.:(

However it is allowing folding to work, so the thing is on and folding now:D

If nothing else it's doing somebody good, and as I had it set to do maximum with the folding, until I can figure out how to get all the stuff to work on my new Linux box, ( can we say REAL NEWBY ) it will stay on doing nothing but folding.:D

Fold on.

That's quite a soldier you've got, wounded but still returning to the battle. :)

There's probably much better resources available on the web than what the few Linux folders here can provide, but don't hesitate to ask if you're having a problem getting any machine up and folding. We're here to help.

Happy new year!

I had disconnected the mouse, keyboard, and monitor a couple of days ago and hooked them up to my Linux box ( which as soon asI can figureout howto get SuSe 8.2Pro toallow me to actual run new programs, will fold soon ) and left the Windows box running cause it was folding, andI couldn't do any thing with it.

Ordered a New mobo yesterday to cure it's problems and today I hooked everything back upto it so i could shut it down and move it. was going to put it in the corner out of the way. Nothing would work to shut it off so I unplugged it, and moved it.

Hooked everything back up to make sure it came up, and to see if the folding icon appeared so I would know it was folding, It loaded up and did a scan disk because of the improper shut down as expected.

every thing works just like new, loads real fast, keyboardand mouse are both working.

I imediately get the three phone numbers and to e-mail address's that were really worrying me about losing, every thing else was backed up and other than time no big loss's. shut it down and fired it back up to seewhat is going on. works perfectally. moved it back to where itwas and hookedup all the printers and such, still works great

:D :D :D

However I am still korrrnnnfuussseeedddd,

Why, what, I don't get it:confused:

I'm reminded of the answer my 8-year-old niece gave when asked why she pilfered some cookies:

She shifted from one foot to the other pondering an appropriate reply, then uttered

Cause, ummm ... yeah!

and walked away.

:D

personally i don't like SuSe 8.2Pro .... i like Debain/GNU ( Knoppix ) might want to give that a try more user friendly and alot more stable

Just my 2 cents

Back