Apple's Wifi card to USB enclosure/hotspot hub

Cbshahji

[H]ard|Gawd
I've an apple wifi card that I'll like to use as an external wifi card for other devices. (Via USB connection) So that I don't have to carry entire laptop with me and I can still use the card as the laptop is heavy compared to today's standard. (not to mention the battery doesn't last that long anymore)

I wouldn't mind putting it in another newer and lighter laptop and use that. (I'm sure it'll have to be windows as new macs won't have any replaceable hardware)

Since apple has their own way of designing their hardware compared to industry standards, I couldn't find any useful/substantial info on where it can work and where it can't.

Apple Wifi Card.jpg

At first I thought it might have been a standard m.2 card, but after counting pins on the connector it doesn't appear to have enough of them; which means it's apparently something proprietary. In that case you'd need to find someone making an adapter just for it.

IF you can find such a device, Linux runs on Apple hardware, and Windows ran on Intel macs, so you could probably find driver support for it.

a newer and lighter laptop will have a better wifi chip than that thing. imo, youre wasting your time.

Back