AM2 board+case decision

elvn

Supreme [H]ardness
Hi , I have some questions regarding some of my build options. I could use some feedback to help me decide.

SG01 plan
-------------------
I had been planning to build a AM2 SFF pc in a silverstone SG01 case, to be transported to/from work and other places in a SUGO dufflebag. I was trying to wait for the Foxconn 6150M2MA-8EKRS2 to be released but I am getting tired of waiting. Today I looked up the Foxconn 6100M2MA - RS2H micro atx board. I was thinking of getting that one for now just so I'd have my SFF built, and perhaps upgrade the board later.
I'm wondering if the 6100M2MA-RS2H is a decent board/stable etc. The only concern with this (other than the extra $63 on the 6100M2 board that I might end up replacing soon after I buy it) is whether the DDR2 memory model I buy will be compatible on both boards so that I can just swap everything to the 6150M2MA-8EKRS2 when it comes out.

Cube lan case w/ full atx plan
----------------------------------------------
Recently I've been considering switching my build to an acrylic cube case w/handle on top. While still relatively small, the cube can fit a full size ATX motherboard. If I did that I could fit a full atx feature-rich Foxconn C51XEM2AA- 8EKRS2H Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI motherboard into my build. My concern here is if I could fit the cube into a backpack or duffle bag relatively unobtrusively.

The cube case is a similar length and width, but is about 25% or 4" taller than the sg01 if I've figured it correctly.

Cube case dimensions: 14.59" (L) x 11.11" (W) x 12.21" (H)

SG-01 dimensions : 15.5" L x 10.5" x 8.3"

Images for sense of scale
--------------------------------------

SG01

SG01_30.JPG

silverstone33.jpg

Bob Slay Cube

bobslay2%20003_2.jpg

IMG_0716_2.jpg

bobslay27.jpg

Back