7800GTX 512 in a Shuttle "G" chasis - SB83G5

dworley

Gawd
SB83G5-5.jpg

Edit: Updated picture

AWESOME! :eek: Great thinking on cutting it up. Maybe you should make a black aluminum cover for it so that it blends in.

I was thinking the same thing or maybe a Lexan and Black Cover so you can still see that heatsink. I actually think it looks cool how it is I just would want it covered with something clear if it was mine.

SB83G5-1.jpg

Here's the requested internal pic

PSU is holding up fine - it is an upgraded Shuttle PC50 300W PSU, I have played MANY continous hours of BF2 with no issues!

System Specs:
SB83G5: P4 3.4 EE, EVGA 7800GTX 512, 2GB Corsair XMS, Audigy2 ZS, Samsung 160GB SATA, NEC DVD/RW, Dell 2001FP, Klipsch 4.1

Temps are very good since the cooler is basically outside of the case: Idle 38C / Load 58C

Stock cooler - 7800GTX 512

I'm not worried about the fan - where it is positioned on my desk it's right next to a shelf so there is no chance of anything hitting it.

As soon as the new Shuttle SN21G5 is released I will be swapping all of my parts (except the CPU) to it and it will look identical except for the FX-55 under the covers! :cool:

How did you fit the pc50 in there. I have a g chassis, the sn95v3 g5 and its doesn't support the pc-50. I'd be real happy if you could take a picture of the other side where the pc-50 is.
Thanks,
Chris

PC50_3.jpg

You can see in the picture where I dremelled / filed off a small section of the rear chasis for the lower plug location of the PC-50.

You will also need to install the memory before installing the PSU as there is minimal clearance.

(Disregard the fan mounted on the rear - that was only due to the watercooling kit I had installed internally)

PC50_3.jpg

You can see in the picture where I dremelled / filed off a small section of the rear chasis for the lower plug location of the PC-50.

You will also need to install the memory before installing the PSU as there is minimal clearance.

I don't know how do you do that, but I have a SN95G5 and there's no 'minimal clearance', there's 0 clearance. The PC50 psu touches the top of my A-Data's aluminum heatsinks. I don't know how in the hell I'm going to shrink this psu in there. :(

dang... that's so crazy. haha. wow. kinda wish i'd kept your v300b i got from a while back. i think it was yours. was hopin to try to do a full atx mod. eh. oh wells. that's a sweet system though. any core2duo stuff comin up that's as crazy?

dang... that's so crazy. haha. wow. kinda wish i'd kept your v300b i got from a while back. i think it was yours. was hopin to try to do a full atx mod. eh. oh wells. that's a sweet system though. any core2duo stuff comin up that's as crazy?

Here's a picture of my C2D Shuttle SD32G5 with 8800GTS
Shuttle_8800.jpg

This is my latest SFF build - Abit F-IH90D Fatality with C2D [email protected] and 8800GTS - this will be going into my Fragbox2 this weekend!
Fatality.jpg

fragbox!!! if i wasnt such a cheapskate i'd get one for my f-i90hd board also. too bad i'm stingy with money... might just get a thermaltake lanbox instead. ;p yah know where the location of northwest falcon is? i live in portland, oregon. haha. is it in town or am i still no where near them? maybe they aren't even located in the northwest. eh...

You guys think an 8800gtx would fit in one of those cases?

I am doubtful that an 8800GTX would fit, definitely would look at using a Thermaltake 5 1/4 bay PSU in place of the optical drive.

I may have to try it out :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperlover
You guys think an 8800gtx would fit in one of those cases?

I am doubtful that an 8800GTX would fit, definitely would look at using a Thermaltake 5 1/4 bay PSU in place of the optical drive.

I may have to try it out :D
I was wrong.....IT FITS!!!!!

8800gtx-c.jpg

8800gtx-b.jpg

you're crazy. lol. i love you man. haha. dang.... might just give up on my matx core2duo dream and just go shuttle! ;p $$$$

how did u get patriot memory to work with ur abit mobo? i triedl iek 2 packs fo 2x1gb and they never posted, then i looked on abits website and saw they werent compatible, got some corsair xms2 and then it posted. i think i had the same patriot mem as u, if not, then from the same series, i had the cas5 latency sticks.

do you poop videocards?

I don't have as many as I did 6 month's ago....LOL

If I sell my last 7800GTX 512 - I will be down to 3

:p

how did u get patriot memory to work with ur abit mobo? i triedl iek 2 packs fo 2x1gb and they never posted, then i looked on abits website and saw they werent compatible, got some corsair xms2 and then it posted. i think i had the same patriot mem as u, if not, then from the same series, i had the cas5 latency sticks.

Just lucky I guess, I have two sets of Patriot 6400 LLK CAS4, one set will post and run at stock voltage, the other set needs 2.0V to run without errors but it will post.

Hi im about to purchase one of the new G33G5 shuttles. Dworley did your PSU run fine with the GTS in there? I have a gts and i am planning on running that till i get a better card down the line.

Also are you interested in the new G33 Shuttles? whats your opinion on them?

Thanks.

I should have bought that evga KO card - probably would look better with that cooler!

I'm using the upgrade Shuttle 300W PSU in my system and the power supply does run pretty hot under full gaming load - I'm sure it is maxed out ;)

That is one of the most awesome SFF threads ever. That just makes me feel like doing the same thing. I am inspired! :O

That is one of the most awesome SFF threads ever. That just makes me feel like doing the same thing. I am inspired! :O

I feel the same way...too bad u cant put 2x8800gtxs in sli in a SFF case...or can you? hmm....

EDIT: Saw Dworleys other thread and it does work! Hallelujah!

lol Couldnt find a smaller cooler instead?
IMO that looks much better than just a sidepanel, much more powerful looking.

if it wasn't for my want for water cooling, I would definitely take up having a shuttle as a main rig again.

I think that poor little Shuttle will explode once the next generation of cards comes out.

Back