what causes choppy video playback?

SultanGris

Limp Gawd
I have a dji inspire 1 and the 1080p 60fps videos i record play super choppy/laggy on my pc, if i upload it to youtube it plays fine. i have an i7 core quad 2.67ghz and a radeon 6970 vid card, 6 gig of ram. The file plays fine on my buddies apple laptop with the same speed i7 processor as mine but he has 16 gig of ram and unsure of video card, what is the problem with mine? lack of ram? i would think my system cpu and vid card should be able to handle it, or am i wrong? thanks.

Try a different video player.
MPC-HC works well.

If your CPU is getting fully loaded on any core then set up dxva playback in the video player.
Hopefully the codec your videos use can be accelerated.

Try a different video player.
MPC-HC works well.

If your CPU is getting fully loaded on any core then set up dxva playback in the video player.
Hopefully the codec your videos use can be accelerated.

tried vlc media player and it hits the cpu at 14% and does the same choppyness but core 3 is close to maxed, using windows media player cpu is 1% and no core is any higher than the others, dxva playback in every player or just mpc-hc? never heard of either. thanks.

tried mpc-hc and its no better, still choppy/laggy with a 3%cpu usage, no idea what dxva is or how to set it up.

Attempted to try quicktime which played it fine on my buddies but it doesnt like win 10 and i havent finished the workaround to get it installed yet.

interestingly enough i tried to play the video on my old laptop just for shiz and giggles, an ancient HP pavilion tx 1308 running win 7 and it plays perfectly in windows media player, much newer and more powerful lenovo yoga laptop stutters and so does the much more powerful desktop gaming rig, while all old by todays standards the hp pavilion that plays it best is the oldest/slowest of the 3, what the actual fuck, i just dont get it at all, makes zero sense. same video file on all machines. ??? :confused::mad::(:eek:

GPU drivers maybe? Also, are you working on editing this video or just trying to make it play back? 6gb memory isn't a lot for video editing, might want to close all the other apps you possibly can so only the video software is running.

If the above doesnt help, I suggest installing Windows on a spare hard drive to see if it then works ok.
It is most likely a configuration issue or something else installed that is interfering.
You may still need to use another video player to get the codec support.

If it does work, you can start configuring / installing the other things on your PC and determine where it goes wrong.

GPU drivers maybe? Also, are you working on editing this video or just trying to make it play back? 6gb memory isn't a lot for video editing, might want to close all the other apps you possibly can so only the video software is running.

no, just trying to play it. not sure what would interfere with it on two machines and it plays fine on an even older one, any way i can tell what codec it is?

Looks like it is being accelerated by the gfx card.
As stated above, try a different driver.

Yep, or even re-install in case there was a problem.
Occasionally screw ups occur.

Select the option to do a clean install when you see it.
If you dont see it, try again and dont take the default route.

Back