Trade gone foul

Marvelous

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a problem trade with someone on this board. He posted p4 2.53 for sale $85 shipped. I talked to him and I specified if I could take the p4 2.53 on my PM. Still have the PM I sent him. He agreed to it. I also specified "for p4 2.53" on my paypal payment history.

Okay week and half later I finally see the CPU. I see the CPU and it say 2.4ghz. I immediately ask him what is the deal. He says that this what it was supposed to be p4 2.4. He says he will check on to it but he edited his post. He supposedly says he contacted the moderators but I do not if he did. I ask him the status and he totally ignores me. I had to PM 3 times and a email to get a response.

His original FS thread has been deleted.

I have everything he wrote him accepting that I wanted the p4 2.53.

I also have a copy of the paypal payment receipt.

What should I do in this situation? I would of never bought this if it was. I saw plenty of 2.53 going for $85. I do not even want this cpu anymore.

Marvelous

1. Thread are not deleted, its either moved to another thread or closed.

2. Appearently he sold you the wrong product and he false advertise the product, you should to get your refund back if you don't want it anymore or work out something with him about the price adjustment.

-CaL

Moving this thread into the right place.

I aggree with cal........price adjust it.......or give ur $ back :)

okay he edited his FS post. I even contacted the moderator and still no reply.

This is what he wrote me. "thought you meant 2.4 533mhz when you pm'ed me... i will see if a mod can go through the post history, i posted 2.4 533"

But he did not worte 2.4 533 or my eyes are getting fucked up. Why would I say mention p4 2.53 on my paypal on PM?

I dunno, why would you? I posted 2.4b 533mhz... i even had others interested in it... You read it wron, i dunno why... but you did. I have 35 heat... why would i want to put that in jeopardy by false advertising? please... even in the post... when i sold it, i put 2.4 sold.

And don't act like I took 10 days to ship it, you know the post office was entirely at fault... the tracking # said shipped on August 12th... i sent it priority, it should have got there no later than the 16th. Not my fault it got there the 21st.

08-12-2004, 04:03 AM #48
LeBronville
Limp Gawd

Location: Ohio Fans are sold... sorry Mach 5, just seen your post... P4 2.4 is sold

I also had it in there for the remainder of the post under SOLD

it read Pentium 4 2.4b 533mhz Processor - Sold

But like I said, I will give you a partial refund. For whatever 2.4b's sell for on here... you claim i posted it wrong, i claim you read it wrong, we both know we are right... but i know what I posted, because like I told you... when you pm'ed me with 2.53, i went and looked at it to make sure i didn't accidentally post that. Then I just assumed you were abbreviating 2.4 533... I didn't even know intel made a 2.53Ghz until you pmed me saying you got the wrong processor and looked I it up.

Okay I must be retarded then. After 6 years of trading. I think I know how to read by now. Did you even remotely thing you posted it wrong. Why the hell would I keep asking you for p4 2.53? In my Private messages, in my paypal payment.

You should of caught this if your the seller. Don't try to dump it on me I specifically asked you for p4 2.53. Far as I know for the USPS. You could of just called in and said you had a package and didn't ship until later. Any fool knows this.

Marvelous

yeah i was intrested in the same cpu but he said it was already taken, i remember exactly it was a 2.4b

Marvelous said:
Okay I must be retarded then. After 6 years of trading. I think I know how to read by now. Did you even remotely thing you posted it wrong. Why the hell would I keep asking you for p4 2.53? In my Private messages, in my paypal payment.

You should of caught this if your the seller. Don't try to dump it on me I specifically asked you for p4 2.53. Far as I know for the USPS. You could of just called in and said you had a package and didn't ship until later. Any fool knows this.

Marvelous

um, it said the package was dropped off to the post office in the status... it was by no means my fault. if i called them and said it would be dropped off later, i doubt it would say they recieved the package on august 12th... i made you the offer

Morphes said:
yeah i was intrested in the same cpu but he said it was already taken, i remember exactly it was a 2.4b

thanks for pointing that out... i knew i had it posted right

Morpheus if you want it you can get it from me. I would of never bought it if this was 2.4 especially a 533 fsb one at that. I swear it looked like p4 2.53 when I read it. Replied to your email lebronville.

And, in my opinion, this isn't a trade gone foul...you just can't read properly and you just dragged a guys name through mud over it.

case has been closed. OC thanks for you opinion but even if I read it wrong. Isn't it seller's responsiblity to say hey it's not a p4 2.53 or do you just pretend you have what I'm looking for. :rolleyes:

Back