The POWER CELL [Scratch Build]

Hello again,

Over the last day or so I have been putting the outside loop and blocks together,

LJEcjof.jpg

vJyXPYR.jpg

Binpmwl.jpg

I glued then from the inside & out.
And there are no leeks from any of the tubing, Happy days.

1In4itu.jpg

o2Uqxsw.jpg

AuaI2wU.jpg

E5xGuJk.jpg

Leek testing, and this one had one. I filled then all up with water. added a plug to one end, added some air pressure to the other end to make sure they will work.

uWJ1CaG.jpg

I modded the SSD as well I know its been done before but it still looks cool. and I have never tried it before so I just had to give it a go,

The PCB had to be flipped over for the ram to be seen. and I put some 1mm clear behind the window.

RtdINPX.jpg

sNWXoKm.jpg

ZXLbh7z.jpg

gePMRz4.jpg

Thanks again for stopping by.

Last edited:
Hello Again, The painting process is under way. Enjoy!

uKOPanF.jpg

jztSdkp.jpg

JhesFFc.jpg

kcgqasa.jpg

uGYyFUj.jpg

NOhDr7x.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.

Hello again,

Progress has been slow but I have fitting the rads a fans, GPU, Mobo, PSU, and are now there to stay. I have added the same shapes to the inside of the pillars that can be seen on the outside but the ones on the inside will glow white when lit with black light. and the white of the pillars wont.
Have to get more soft tube as well don't have enough to the bottom of the loop. Going to start the inside loop over the next week. And I'm still painting the case as I go.

In this photo on the right you will see the clear cover that will be going over the 3x3 loops that will be running up and down the outside of the case. A the ASUS logo that has been sprayed on all 3 sides.

b9nKEtc.jpg

2Cp5XQx.jpg

Here is a front shot of the clear cover.
tr5Rwbw.jpg

Yr9zkfM.jpg

Here you can see the tiles that will glow white under black light this is done on the inside of all 3 pillars and the bottom.
I6OUBOv.jpg

NCgrFkj.jpg

GPU is now all done PCI-e extender or riser is now fitted as well.

wpFOiGV.jpg

KpfW3lS.jpg

thDqSUq.jpg

Here I have made a cover to hide the PCI-e extender.
aeFtTpN.jpg

7fDVQlM.jpg

shLUhVd.jpg

I run the HDMI and Display feed out the back of the case, And can still removed, but for now will be staying for testing later.
gHrRCBC.jpg

Not a lot of work space here and the nest inside will need some work.
0EKdrtI.jpg

SSD is now fitted as well.
vU6GRFt.jpg

I will keep the updates coming as the painting starts to change the look. Most of the painting I have left will be done with the airbrush. and paintbrush.

Once again that's all for now, Thanks again for stopping by.

Cheers, Ken.

The red graphics on the pcie extender going at some future awesomeness. Looking forward to it.

Can not wait to see the finished project. Hope to see shots with it one and the water cooling active.

The weathering is sick. This has a very Star Wars feel to it, like it could be installed in the back of a Y-Wing or something.

Sorry for the late reply guys, And thank you all for you kind words.

Hi All, One last small update till completed.

BSaLUHo.jpg

8RYAWJf.jpg

Thanks again for stopping by, More Soon.

Heavens, it looks like the Mr. Coffee machine had sex with a snoopy snow cone maker and gave birth to this thing. Argh.

Some better pic's this time. The camera on my phone makes things look to have too much colour. The pic's below are true to the look of the case.

Hope you all like.

Av2nHTJ.jpg

GFy3cqE.jpg

znl7led.jpg

9OG5474.jpg

9TH4VVs.jpg

oJIo8Wd.jpg

eJigUcs.jpg

Thanks again for stopping by. will post finale photos as soon as I can.

Cheers Ken.

Absolutely sick looking. And I must say, i called it!
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1042073293&postcount=55

That said, it a gorgeous look, and again, the weathering is perfect. Makes it look high tech but well used.The green is an interesting choice for the coolant. Some of the other lightsaber colors might look good as well, particularly a Mace-Windu purple.

How are you feeling about upgradeability, or is this an as-is build?

Thanks Modred189 Yes you did call it. :) Yes its very upgradeable. I would Like to to change the 960 to a 980ti later and water cool it, Plus change the MoBo to a ROG. Most the the case in interchangeable. so it would not take much work.

As for coolant color, I thinking of trying some other colors. And yes Mace-Windu purple would work better then the green. I might just try that one. maybe even a red.

Cheers Ken.

CPU temp testing done.

3dmark CPU overclocked to 4.299. from 3.500. I"m not a over-clocker so not sure how much better that score is. In fact this is the fist time Ive relay tried to do a proper over clock.

lwF6SkW.jpg

Link: http://i.imgur.com/lwF6SkW.jpg

oU4exMg.jpg

Link: http://i.imgur.com/oU4exMg.jpg

CPU temps. at Max running Maxload.

Room temp at the time was 29c
Loop temp was 29c
Max CPU temp 36c
MoBo Temp 31c
If any one know of a better CPU test please let me know.

o9duPWR.jpg

Link: http://i.imgur.com/o9duPWR.jpg

Auto set for Fallout 4 below.

Gdgrnfm.jpg

Running Fraps.

xRt0ziD.png

M7u7w5j.png

dkNJLqB.png

Hope you all like the temps. As I sad not sure if there any good, Still all very new to me.

Still working on getting finale photos, waiting on a friend with a good camera to take pic's.

Thanks again for stopping by. :)

Awesome turn out!! Crazy that your max load temp is lower than my idle temp, haha.

Hello again. Here are the final photo's could not get someone to take photo's for me so had a go my self enjoy. :)

If98XIn.jpg

1PVeNki.jpg

iQ9qxAp.jpg

kOq9bTH.jpg

NMgYcGu.jpg

RypGleA.jpg

ZeDCFBz.jpg

zGvp3wW.jpg

VulmMn8.jpg

lI0qqq0.jpg

rUt6EFa.jpg

mhjsgMK.jpg

rJX1tIv.jpg

QTULRQu.jpg

Lp4Bek5.jpg

QXSSR8C.jpg

qf4SJnI.jpg

3MYym2g.jpg

7FBHrWo.jpg

wqXCYK3.jpg

And one in the dark. With pretty colors. that did not work out so well.
L6hH1yR.jpg

Thanks again for following this build and for all your feed back.

Cheers, Ken.

Seriously love what you have done here! I love all the faux rusting and wear.

GREAT build! Thank you so much for sharing the process and finals!

It transcends "custom case", it's more a work of art. Very impressive.

One last photo of the build.

zHUbUnR.jpg

Thanks for stopping by. :)

Last edited:
ASUS Australia 2016 PC Water Cooling Event in Sydney.
Fallout 4 and the Power Cell shown in video as well as mods from Simple Modz / GGF Lan Party / Oz Modz, From the AUS ASUS modding team.

ZenModz

Back