Should i stress test my cpu?

sean126

n00b
I just built another desktop after my 7 year old one died.

I am not going to be overclocking it nor will i be playing games on it.

Should i still perform a stress test on my i5 13600k, ddr4 3600 corsair memory and graphics card? I was unsure if it was unnecessary or not.

Finished the build 2 weeks ago and haven't had any issues with anything.

What you should do is to reduce voltage because it is often way too high compared to what is actually necessary for stable operation.
I for example was able to get all p-core 5.4GHz with all e-core 4.3GHz with lower voltage and in the end power consumption than with default settings.

What you should do is to reduce voltage because it is often way too high compared to what is actually necessary for stable operation.
I for example was able to get all p-core 5.4GHz with all e-core 4.3GHz with lower voltage and in the end power consumption than with default settings.

Ok. Will do. Thanks!

setting a -0.015v offset on the cpu will lower its temps a bit but still high enough to not worry about stability.
as for testing, OCCT 9.02 is an older version that still has a 1 hour loop option for a complete system test. run that once or twice and then start using it as normal.

setting a -0.015v offset on the cpu will lower its temps a bit but still high enough to not worry about stability.
as for testing, OCCT 9.02 is an older version that still has a 1 hour loop option for a complete system test. run that once or twice and then start using it as normal.

Forgive my ignorance. I have the MSI z690 tomahawk ddr4 motherboard. Last time i messed with voltages was when i tweaked my cpu and memory back in 2013.

What is meant by an "offset"? You mean just go into bios and lower the cpu voltage to 0.015v or lower it by that much from what it currently is set at?

Forgive my ignorance. I have the MSI z690 tomahawk ddr4 motherboard. Last time i messed with voltages was when i tweaked my cpu and memory back in 2013.

What is meant by an "offset"? You mean just go into bios and lower the cpu voltage to 0.015v or lower it by that much from what it currently is set at?
subtract 0.015 from your current default voltage. your bios may do it a couple of ways; altering the voltage directly or it might have an "offset" option. with the offset option you select "negative" and then enter 0.015. usually....

subtract 0.015 from your current default voltage. your bios may do it a couple of ways; altering the voltage directly or it might have an "offset" option. with the offset option you select "negative" and then enter 0.015. usually....

Understood! Thanks

Back