ProxMox + Windows VM + Nvidia Telsa Card + Moonlight and SunShine = Mind Blown

Vengance_01

Supreme [H]ardness
Just gotta say this mind blowing. Running Full 3d games on a VM with a GPU passed to it in my server and getting 60FPS is nuts! The reason I am doing this is I am going to build a racing sim rig and use this type of setup to stream the game to a thin client running software that will pass USB inputs over the network. Might as well use my 5600 based server to good use besides my plex and nas duties. BTW this combo is just an open source version of the Nvidia Streaming tech but it can use AMD cards. So far have only tired Nvidia cards.

You can find these little gem Telsa P4 cards for about 100$. They are 8GB version of a GTX 1080 that fit into a LP single slot and only 75 watts of power.

Currently driver wise you are stuck with drivers are about a year old to use non hacked grid drivers. But for current stuff and older, emulation, etc.. should be plenty new enough. Might get 1 more and split the into 2 4GB vGPU's so 1 card can be used for Plex transcoding and the other for another cloud gaming PC.

Last edited:
Is this possible with a VR HMD?
good question? I am not sure. I gut tells me no but if the client side doing the rendering can run the software in Sudo VR then it might work. Example Run Moonlight in VR using HMD. Would be intresting to test for sure

Last edited:
My guess is VR being so incredibly latency dependent, as always, it cut's through all the shit and gives a proper FPS. Flat screen all you want, (and 4K is awesome and helps) BUT... We need time frames. We need to know what gives latencies.
All I see lately is: 4K uber GPU. 1080p uber CPU. Two retyardamization's that stick!
Hey girlz, work it out ya? Now do your shit @ 1440p+ and let us see?
4K+ /VR let us go!

Back