PrimeGrid Recognition Thread

You all are definitely doing better than me. The best I've done is found two AP23s.

One of the reasons I started running AP27 again (besides running it in the pentathlon last year) is because of the PPD. I have yet to run any GPU project on Primegrid which even comes close to the points AP27 does. Ironically it doesn't use that much power compared to most of the other GPU projects as well. My 6750xt has a 220w power limit and AP27 hardly ever goes above 165. Most of the other projects easily max out my power limit. However, what it does hammers the hell out a certain portion of the GPU. Despite the low power usage it manages to run the junction temp quite high. At the moment the junction temp is about 30C above the edge temp. Most other projects are typically 20C-25C difference.

You all are definitely doing better than me. The best I've done is found two AP23s.

One of the reasons I started running AP27 again (besides running it in the pentathlon last year) is because of the PPD. I have yet to run any GPU project on Primegrid which even comes close to the points AP27 does. Ironically it doesn't use that much power compared to most of the other GPU projects as well. My 6750xt has a 220w power limit and AP27 hardly ever goes above 165. Most of the other projects easily max out my power limit. However, what it does hammers the hell out a certain portion of the GPU. Despite the low power usage it manages to run the junction temp quite high. At the moment the junction temp is about 30C above the edge temp. Most other projects are typically 20C-25C difference.
The points are great. My experience is that on the 4090s, the DYFL tasks match it for points. But that one feels like you're basically throwing electricity into a void, since there have never been any primes found by it. The smaller GFN tasks, fine, but the larger ones don't have that satisfaction of "I actually have a plausible chance of finding something cool".

I wonder if the power difference is at all related to AMD vs nV. My experience (almost all nV) cards is that AP27 runs the GPUs right up to power limit (219W on 4070S, 318-319W on 3080, and 445-455W on 4090). None of the other projects get the power draw that high.

Back